Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Bronco Peak & Sidewinder

Bronco Peak & Sidewinder

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGmyy...&feature=email Bronco Peak is a short trail that is situated within the Corral Canyon OHV area and is located just south of I-8 near to the town of Alpine or about half an hour east of El Cajon. According to the Southern California Back Roads & 4-Wheel Drive Trails book by Charles Wells, Bronco Peak is a difficult rated nasty hardcore trail very steep with tight brush large boulders and that several places are steep enough to cause a rollover if driver is not careful front and rear lockers are recommended. And, even thought its only 2.7 miles long, it is also recommended that you allow about 2 hours to complete it and more if you are going with a bigger group. Being that this trail is short, we will run another short but difficult rated trail nearby trail called Sidewinder. We will meet up at the four corners at 10:00am and will be on channel #4. If you are running a tad bit late, you can call Drew on my cell 619.244.8490 and we will wait for your arrival before we head out.

Coordinates:
    32° 42′ 51.84″ N, 116° 34′ 22.54″ W
    32.7144, -116.572929

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=32.714...9&z=10&iwloc=A
    Last edited by Drewminator; 06-08-09, 10:32 AM.
    Drew
    95yj Six Pack

Hi Drew! I'd love to go with you on this run but I am going to be out of town on your scheduled weekend. Sidewinder and Bronco are excellent trails. BTW, good vid. Whoever put that together did a great job.

Your post makes it sound like you haven't been on these trails before. If not, Sidewinder is the first part of the video. It changes to Bronco Peak after the broken Jeep is loaded onto the tow truck.

The Bronco Peak trail in the Charles Wells book is not completely followed in the video. The group in the video took the Bronco Peak Connector downhill. It is the trail on the C. Wells map that goes off to the NNW at the point marked "03".

Fun Trail! Definitely recommended, but downhill is far easier than uphill.

Dang! I wish that I could go! I hope that you have lot's of fun, and Please post lots of pics.
    [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
    Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
    [/COLOR]

Comment

Drew,
      You'd have to be doing this this weekend. I'm already committed (no comments from the peanut gallery out there)
      If you remember a while back, we almost ran Bronco back in '06. Seems like ages ago.
      Gotta do Bronco in the rain sometime. Seems like everytime I go it's wet; makes the trails soooo much more fun.

Have a good time bro.
      [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
      [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
      http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

I would love to do that trail someday. I think I would break too much there. If I was as rich as I am good looking I would build a rig like "Trail Bud" in that Video. That thing is sweet.
        Those left standing
        Will make millions
        Writing books on ways
        It should have been
        -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

That was an awesome video! The textbook example on how to make great off road videos. I really want to do this trail sometime. But can't this month.
          Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
          Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
          HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

Hi Mike,

Thank you for the complements on the video but I found it on YouTube to give a somewhat respectful idea of what the trails look like. I have been on both of these trails a couple of times and they always seem to kick my but in one way or another, LOL! Sidewall puncture and broken axle shaft all at different times, LOL! I know this is kind of last minute and I really appreciate your comment that’s why I love this forum and the good people that use it. Kudos to Sarah!!

Originally posted by Mike View Post
            Hi Drew! I'd love to go with you on this run but I am going to be out of town on your scheduled weekend. Sidewinder and Bronco are excellent trails. BTW, good vid. Whoever put that together did a great job.

Your post makes it sound like you haven't been on these trails before. If not, Sidewinder is the first part of the video. It changes to Bronco Peak after the broken Jeep is loaded onto the tow truck.

The Bronco Peak trail in the Charles Wells book is not completely followed in the video. The group in the video took the Bronco Peak Connector downhill. It is the trail on the C. Wells map that goes off to the NNW at the point marked "03".

Fun Trail! Definitely recommended, but downhill is far easier than uphill.

Dang! I wish that I could go! I hope that you have lot's of fun, and Please post lots of pics.
            Drew
            95yj Six Pack

Comment

Hey Rat!

Yeah I do remember, LOL! I know its last minute but i don't have the little one this weekend and i'm itching to do some killer wheeling. Hope to wheel with you again soon, buddy

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
              Drew,
              You'd have to be doing this this weekend. I'm already committed (no comments from the peanut gallery out there)
              If you remember a while back, we almost ran Bronco back in '06. Seems like ages ago.
              Gotta do Bronco in the rain sometime. Seems like everytime I go it's wet; makes the trails soooo much more fun.

Have a good time bro.
              Drew
              95yj Six Pack

Comment

Thanks to the rest of you who post a comment. Hope to meet and wheel with you all sometime soon!
                Drew
                95yj Six Pack

Comment

dang. i have to work that day. I have been itchin to get up to Bronco Peak for a while now. Thats a great area with some fun trails. Dont think of it as an "easy" trail. I have broke many parts on this trail. Its a fun little spot! have fun
                  [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

Hi Mike,

Yeah i know this was a last minute run but will post another one again within a few weeks and hope to wheel with more MJR members.

Originally posted by miguelitojeep97 View Post
                    dang. i have to work that day. I have been itchin to get up to Bronco Peak for a while now. Thats a great area with some fun trails. Dont think of it as an "easy" trail. I have broke many parts on this trail. Its a fun little spot! have fun
                    Drew
                    95yj Six Pack

Comment

That video really did rock!

Great editing!

It will be quite a while before I get my Jeep built for that, but I look forward to running that when it's ready.

I plan on keeping most of the parts I replace now (the ones I can still use anyway) for fixing the carnage when it happens.

Christian
                      "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Comment

Originally posted by OU812 View Post
                        If I was as rich as I am good looking
                        you would have to buy on credit :0
                        Dennis and Tammy
                        Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

That is one sick wheelin video. I wish.

Comment

Dont forget to take pictures and post a report when you are done. I feel another bronco peak run comming on in the near future.
                            Those left standing
                            Will make millions
                            Writing books on ways
                            It should have been
                            -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Oh yeah Mr. OU812 more wheeling to keep us all busy during the summer times!

Originally posted by OU812 View Post
                              Dont forget to take pictures and post a report when you are done. I feel another bronco peak run comming on in the near future.
                              Drew
                              95yj Six Pack

Comment

Working...
                              X