Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: RUTS EUROPEAN M/C Race Fun

I raced motorcycles for 40 years and even though I retired a couple of years ago I still enjoy camping and spectating at special events. RUTS is such an event, very family friendly. Saturday night, free BBQ, music, raffle, and for the kids the jumbo rocks to climb on. This is a 2 day race with short 1 hour races all day over 2 courses of 8 to 10 miles. Lots of great action and a good excuse to take the Jeep out into my favorite area.
    Here is the link to full info.
    http://www.district37ama.org/offroad...e09/09ruts.jpg
    Anyone interested PM me or gregg@greggturk.com and we can do a little organizing. I am new to MJR so I hope I'm posting this correctly.
    Gregg
    Gregg Turk
    West Oak Hills
    greggturk.com
    95 Jeep Cherokee, 69 Jeep CJ5

Ruts m/c

Wish I saw this before today! I'd be up for the races...

Comment

Originally posted by INTO4XN View Post
      Wish I saw this before today! I'd be up for the races...
      I have found watching desert races is a fun way to go Jeeping. I go from one exciting vantage spot to another. I also have friends racing so I kind of follow them. RUTS is about the best spectator race of the year in my opinion. If it is hot I'll be throwing water balloons to cool down my friends as they go by! There have also been times when I've assisted in the rescue of an injured racer.
      The off road truck and buggy race groups post GPS co-ordinates ahead of time for pre running and that enables me to go directly to obstacles shown on the route such as "Big Down Hill", "Big Jump", etc. The best part is it is all FREE. No camping fees, no entry fees. For RUTS I'll be going out next Friday afternoon and heading home Sunday PM.
      Gregg Turk
      West Oak Hills
      greggturk.com

Comment

That’s cool! Hope you had good weather, it sucked here this weekend.

Comment

District 37? I think that I was a member in that district, way back in the day! when we raced M/C Grand Pre’s at Indian Dunes and later on at LACR....

Comment

Originally posted by INTO4XN View Post
            That’s cool! Hope you had good weather, it sucked here this weekend.
            It is next weekend! June 13 and 14. The weather looks to be much better by about Friday this week. I started racing with District 37 in 1967 and retired for good 2 years ago. I used to really enjoy those early GP's. The current GP's are getting big turn outs but the desert races are fading as they are squeezed into smaller and smaller bits of desert. The bikes are also much to good so the courses have gotten very nasty in order to challenge the new suspensions. Fun to watch but it stopped being fun carrying a 450 up a rock cliff! Ol Man here on MJR is the father of one of the main leaders in D 37 Richie Wohlers.
            Gregg Turk
            West Oak Hills
            greggturk.com

Comment

I guess it would help to read your first post?
              Unfortunately it's my son's birthday next weekend on Sunday and 4 wheel parts Truck & Jeep Fest is going on too, we might hit that up on Saturday. Well, maybe next time!

Comment

Anybody in MJR who wants to take a day trip out to Lucerne and check it out we're leaving noon today (Friday June 12). Give me a call out there, my cell is 760-885-8397. I'm taking the XJ with an MJR windshield banner and the CB will be on channel 4 and the race radio will be on D37 channel 151.625. Blackberry will get email at gregg@greggturk.com
                Gregg Turk
                West Oak Hills
                greggturk.com

Comment

Working...
                X