Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Discussion: Vintage Rubicon Trail Footage

Many of you may have viewed this already as it has been around for awhile. I have viewed this a few times, recently on the Cal4wheel website. Really enjoyed the trip back in time. There are two parts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3X-Kg...ture=quicklist

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uFua...eature=related

That is cool...
    Reminds me of wheeling with my dad and his buddies when I was a kid.

Comment

Very cool. Thanks for sharing.
      Check out .

Comment

Its funny how much has stayed the same I recognize alot of those rocks and trees!

Tam
        2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
        Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Yup....that is pretty cool. Considering the equipment, that had to be one heck of a tough trip.
          Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

They made the entire trip in a day. I can't get passed little sluice in a day.

Comment

I still can't believe they made the entire trip in a day. They make it look so easy in that film. I loved watching that film. Thank you for putting it up there. I've had my Jeep since 04 and I have never seen that old film.
              2004 TJ X
              Callsign: KJ6DHG

Comment

that was really cool, thanks

Comment

I finally got a chance to watch that!

It's a great look into the way it used to be. Actually, my stock Scrambler is more like the Jeeps in that video than the great rigs I've seen out there lately.

I saw a Willy's Wagon in there. I've always like those.

Anyone know what year that was actually filmed in?

Christian
                  "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Comment

Not quite sure of the years but it looked like in the early 60's. I was looking for my father.:smile:
                    But all the men looked alike with the cool white tee-shirts.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
                      Not quite sure of the years but it looked like in the early 60's. I was looking for my father.:smile:
                      But all the men looked alike with the cool white tee-shirts.
                      LOL. That was pretty funny. I noticed that while watching. Nowadays each person has their own style even if they are wearing the old reliables. In these films, all of the guys look alike especially if they wear a hat. Nothing different. At least now, sunglasses or haircuts help distinguish people.
                      2004 TJ X
                      Callsign: KJ6DHG

Comment

Great old video!

I noticed most of them had no roll cages let alone a Full roll cage a lot of us are running! And then there is the suspensions and tires, ouch my back hurts just thinking about it!

I am hitting the Rubicon July 10-12, can't wait!

Mark

Comment

Working...
                        X