Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Sheep Canyon, Borrego Springs

What a great Memorial Day weekend! Stickman (and family; Patricia, Stephanie, and Alyssa) and I (with my better half Carmen) made our way to Anza Borrego for some wheeling over the long weekend. Didn't do as much wheeling as we had hoped due to the heat... but we did cruise up the Sheep Canyon trail. We were hoping to see some of the big horn sheep there, but no luck...

Here are a few pic's of day 1...

Checking out my flexibility after installing the new lift kit from LeadFootJosh...

Stickman showing off...

Mrs. MyBrokenJeep driving her first trail... She is an addict now too... Guess I may have to buy her a Jeep too now...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwY56T_KfKk

In our search for wildlife on Saturday night, Stickman was almost assaulted by this killer tiger while at Pablito's...

On Sunday... Primarily due to the heat, we decided to run up to Julian for some lunch and apple pie...

Someone had some free time to do a bit of welding...

Julian is where the real adventure started... While eating lunch we heard this really loud BANG! We thought maybe a small explosion or something... A little older lady must have put her car in DRIVE instead of REVERSE and hit the accelerator... Here is the result!

Yes! Right through the exterior wall of the bank!

How's this for a testament to the durability of a Hyundai! After the wrecker winched the car out of the bank, they drove it around to the flatbed for haul off...

After returning to Borrego Springs, we decided to take an evening run up Sheep Canyon... MyBrokenJeep lived up to it's name... About 1/3 way down on our return, we blew a brake line... I can tell you that it is no fun coming down an series of obstacles without brakes...

When we were able to bring it to a stop, we turned to a quick fix we picked up from our MJR friends when Barney blew a line on Hammerdown...

All in all, a great weekend with great friends!
    Regards,
    Randy

"An army of asses led by a lion is better than an army of lions led by an ass" George Washington

www.youtube.com/user/MyBrokenJeep

Looks like you guys had a good time. Great pics! I underestimated the resilience of a Hyundai!

Comment

I'm less impressed with the strength of the Hyundai as I am with the weakness of that bank wall. Withdraw your cash now!

Nice new flex Randy. Too bad that you won't get to experiment with it much since Carmen will be driving from now on.
      [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
      Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
      [/COLOR]

Comment

Looks like a nice weekend. Thanks for sharing. Love seeing the CJ's flexing.
        Check out .

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
          Looks like a nice weekend. Thanks for sharing. Love seeing the CJ's flexing.
          Yeah better flex less tipping.
          Dennis and Tammy
          Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

That looks like a new brakeline. I am amazed at the water portion of that trail. No matter when I go there is ALWAYS water there. I've been in The summertime, Fall and around winter. Always water in that area. I remember when I got my Jeep and my first trip through there, the trail boss told me to keep moving so as not to get stuck.
            2004 TJ X
            Callsign: KJ6DHG

Comment

Originally posted by ironbelle View Post
              That looks like a new brakeline. I am amazed at the water portion of that trail. No matter when I go there is ALWAYS water there. I've been in The summertime, Fall and around winter. Always water in that area. I remember when I got my Jeep and my first trip through there, the trail boss told me to keep moving so as not to get stuck.
              Right on that... the brake line was less than a month old...

The water crossing was very cool! Our first time through it, we were shocked when we were greeted by 20 - 30 people on the other side...
              Regards,
              Randy

"An army of asses led by a lion is better than an army of lions led by an ass" George Washington

www.youtube.com/user/MyBrokenJeep

Comment

Originally posted by ironbelle View Post
                Wewere coming down 2 years ago and had around 4 vehicles in the water when a group arived and the first jeep was plugging the exit. the driver had walked off to look for a way around. The water was the deepest I had ever seen it and we were forced to wait till they got someone in the jeep and put it in nuetral to push it out of our way. I would like to have had a few minutes alone with the guy but after we got our 9 vehicles through, noone would admit to owning the jeep. It was interesting siting there wondering if we would have to recover a 4x4 out of the streambed.
                censored for having an opinion

Comment

Originally posted by blackZZR View Post
                  I would like to have had a few minutes alone with the guy but after we got our 9 vehicles through, noone would admit to owning the jeep.
                  I bet if you guys pulled out tools and started playing "pick a parts" someone would have fessed up to owning that Jeep. I forgot to add that when I was crossing with my jeeping friends, a VW BUS, yes I said bus, just dropped down in front the back half of our caravan and got stuck. We had to stop meaning pull over close enough to the side so that the Jeeps would not sink, and tell this guy that we would get him unstuck but he was not following us. he claimed there were a group of VW's he needed to catch up with. One guy in our group put a towstrap to his bumper and pulled him out of the sinkhole he started with that bus and damn near took off the VW's bumper. LOL. We tried to tell the "pot head" that there were no VW buses all the way out here but he just drove off. I say that affectinately because only someone in an altered state would think a caravan of VW buses would make it in that area. LOL.
                  2004 TJ X
                  Callsign: KJ6DHG

Comment

Holy cow, what an adventure. Great pics!
                    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Working...
                    X