Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Help with big bear trails

Hello everybody
    I live in Rancho Cucamonga and a few of us are planning a trip to Big Bear.
    we are looking for a easy trail nothing crazy.
    Can someone help me with this?
    We don't even know where to start. Are jeeps are stock ( at least for now)
    Do we need passes and if we do, how do we get them?
    Thanks
    Fredo

Fredo,

You need an "Adventure Pass" if you will be out of your vehicle recreating. That includes camping, hiking, picnicing.... You should stop at the Discovery Center on the north shore near Fawnskin and pick up a map or two and speak to the rangers at the desk. They can direct you to the easier trails. 3N16 runs through Holcolm Valley and has a dozen signed points of historical interest. It is like a guided tour through the Valley on flat easy dirt roads. Keep in mind that the legal trails are all marked and if you are stock you will be looking for "Green" rated trails. Blue trails are Moderate and Black Diamond are the hard core trails. I already am on runs on both Saturday and Sunday otherwise I'd meet up and show you around.

Mitch

Comment

Mitch are you going to be in Big Bear this weekend (5/23/09) . We are doing John Bull tomorrow. We are meeting at the Discovery center at 8:30am.

Jeff & Robin

Comment

That is one bitchin Jeep. Never cared for yellow, but I'm making the exception for this one. Love the pattern on the rollcage.
        2004 TJ X
        Callsign: KJ6DHG

Comment

Jeff,

The Jeep is looking AWESOME!

I'll be in Arrowhead tomorrow going to Devil's Hole and then doing the Adopt a Trail on Holcolm Creek Sunday morning.

Mitch

Comment

Try a run on Cleghorn, close to home and quite a bit of it can be run in a stock Jeep.
            Also Jacoby canyon, and rattle snake canyon are easy and fun trails. Adventure pass is needed to park
            Other than that some trail maps from say sidewinder come in handy

Comment

Fredo, please don't double post. This was in the introduction section as well as the trail planning section. I have merged the replies and deleted the thread in the intro section. If you have questions or need help with where to post questions, please feel free to PM a moderator or admin.
              If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Thank you everybody and sorry for double posting.
                I'm new at this.

Comment

Originally posted by Fredo View Post
                  Thank you everybody and sorry for double posting.
                  I'm new at this.
                  No big deal, just ask questions, you'll pick it up soon enough!
                  If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Fredo View Post
                    Hello everybody
                    I live in Rancho Cucamonga and a few of us are planning a trip to Big Bear.
                    we are looking for a easy trail nothing crazy.
                    Can someone help me with this?
                    We don't even know where to start. Are jeeps are stock ( at least for now)
                    Do we need passes and if we do, how do we get them?
                    Thanks
                    Fredo
                    Jacoby canyon 3N61 is just fine and is fun for a stock rig in the Big Bear area. If you have any questions then "PM" me...Matt
                    "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Comment

nice jeep

Comment

Working...
                      X