Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who did the Johnson Valley Rescue this weekend?

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Discussion: Who did the Johnson Valley Rescue this weekend?

Thank you to whomever rescued Adenia & Luke this weekend. They have sent emails thanking us immensely, and I'm not sure who to forward them to!
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Sarah,

I believe that is the 2 folks that were at the Bullfrog area. The girl slid her Polaris off the trail and it ended up waged between two large rocks. Luke flaged us down stating that his girlfriend was stuck, had no water, and he wasn't sure of her location. Chuck (dirtman13) climbed the tallest rock pile he could find and luckily her saw her. We used Chucks winch and wrestled the quad back on the trail. I provided some much needed cold water. The funny part was that Chuck walked up to the girl ahead of the rest of the group and she pulled a screw driver on him thinking he was after her! Afterwards they said that they watched "The Hills Have Eyes" the night before and she was getting nervious being alone in the rock piles. Our group was Chuck, Clay, Joe, Scott, and Mitch. Glad to help as always.

Mitch

Comment

Cool! We have heroes among us!

But, I'd probably threaten to stab Chuck with a screwdriver too if I didn't already know him.
      [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
      Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
      [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
        Cool! We have heroes among us!

But, I'd probably threaten to stab Chuck with a screwdriver too if I didn't already know him.
        I might stab Chuck with a screwdriver even though I know him!

Seriously, good job guys! But I wouldn't expect less from MRJ folks!
        SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
        MJR moderator
        MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
        Jeep Patrol Leader
        Reforestation Supervisor
        Licensed Ham - n6ujm
        Eagle Scout

Comment

This is the kind of news I like to hear (rescue)...not the screwdriver part...lol..

Comment

It is kind of scary to see how many people go out and play in the desert and mountains and don't even think of bringing water with them. I went Jeeping on Saturday and headed up through Apple Valley on 3N14 to Big Bear for dinner. Got flagged down by a motorcycle rider that was lost, seperated from his group and had no water. It was 90' and baking in the sun. This guy would have been in trouble real soon! I gave him water and an extra bottle to take and directions to get back to his camp.

Mitch

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
              Originally posted by Roger View Post
              Feelen the love. Thanks guys.

You should have seen her eyes when I pulled up.
              Check out .

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post

Seriously, good job guys! But I wouldn't expect less from MRJ folks!
                She had probably already seen how chuck drives!

Comment

Good Job guy's! MJR folks is the greatest!!!
                  "I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

Comment

Thanks you guys!! That was very nice and they appreciate it very much. You rock!
                    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

It's amazing, one look at Chuck and she recognized that he has a screw loose? Okay, for now on I am a believer in Woman's Intuition.
                      Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
                      Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
                      HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
                        It is kind of scary to see how many people go out and play in the desert and mountains and don't even think of bringing water with them. I went Jeeping on Saturday and headed up through Apple Valley on 3N14 to Big Bear for dinner. Got flagged down by a motorcycle rider that was lost, seperated from his group and had no water. It was 90' and baking in the sun. This guy would have been in trouble real soon! I gave him water and an extra bottle to take and directions to get back to his camp.

Mitch
                        I totally agree mitch. It is scary how many people go unprepaired. I always have enough water for what I need to drink, then extra water and food just in case I have to walk out of somewhere. Even when riding motorcycles you always need to wear a full camelback with water and with some food in it as well. You never know what can happen and leave you stranded. Glad to hear you guy were able to help those people out. It's always nice to hear that there are still good people around.

Comment

Good jobs guys! Job well done..

Comment

Johnson Valley

You Guys were such Lifesavers!!!!!!!! Thank you for Everything!!! Mitch you did such a good job explaining the story I told everyone at work what happened and then I let them read your blog and they were all cracking up. We werent planning on going to the extreme's, it was supposed to be one last real quick ride before packing up and heading home. In fact, that was the only time we didn't have our cooler and our phone with us! Of course, right.
                            Did you get a picture of it? I would love for you to send me one so I can show the girls at work.

Ohh and for the record...........Luke was driving! :smile:

Comment

So it was Luke that got it stuck! Probly just showing off for you. Here's something to laugh at. Glad it worked out OK for both of you.

Mitch

MJR rescue team / Damsel in distress

Comment

Working...
                              X