Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Bullfrog / Cougar Buttes

Well I got a PM for a small group run on the great Bullfrog Trail for this morning (Saturday). We met in Lucerne and headed for the trail around 9:00am. We had Mike (mywifesjeep) and his son Niko, Chuck (dirtman13), Clay (tjclay), Scott (dezertdog), Joe and Tina and daughter, and Chuck's friends Joe and tina in a XJ.
    We hit the Bullfrog trail and moved along with out any problems till Mike had some brake issues and had to pull off. The fact that no one else was on this trail made it a smooth run. The temps ran around 90' but with some breeze it didn't seem too bad. Everyone cruised through the trail with only the regular scrapes and a pinched tire.

Just an awesome day on a great trail!

Lucern Meeting

Mike (mywifesjeep) on the warm up slab

Chuck

Great88
    A little leaning

Scott (dezertdog)

Clay (tjclay)

Joe on Jeep Eater / Close to feeding it!

And as always, "The Chuck Show"!!!!!!!

Some video's of the fun!

Last edited by Mitch; 05-17-09, 10:05 PM.

Comment

[COLOR="Blue"]Looks like a fun day. I guess there's never a dull moment with Chuck around.[/COLOR]

Comment

Mike,

I'm sorry that I didn't get a shot of the trail head signs, they are still there. When we meetbring more of the red painted wood stakes also.

Mitch

Comment

What a great day. I really like this trail. It’s got great obstacles and it like travelling through the wild kingdom. Thank you all. Mike, I hope you made it back alright. My brake light came on half way home. Funny thing is…it’s not connected. I took over 250 pics playing with the settings on my camera.

Chuckwallas were everywhere

The HDR shot.

The rest are here.
          http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...-09/?start=all
          Check out .

Comment

Had a blast!

Those are some great shots guys.
            I had a blast today. Bullfrog is really fun for me because my Jeep needs soooo much. But I made it through no worse for wear and without any straps!

And Chuck, thanks for the show. The only time you had 4 wheels on the ground was when we stopped for lunch.

That was a great group to wheel with too. Sorry Mike had to bug out early.

Thanks again for a good time.
            Scott

Comment

Great pics and vids! I wish I could have joined you guys for this one, but I just couldn't make it happen.

Looks like an outstanding trip!
              [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
              Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
              [/COLOR]

Comment

I had a great time and so did my son. He cried when I told him we had to go home to fix daddys jeep. It was nice to me everyone Clay, Scott, Joe and Tina. I really like that trail.

Comment

Wow, looks like all of you had a great time!

Good report Mitch. Thanks for the pics and the vids. Outstanding!

Comment

Great report and pic's.Was camping out there at the Buttes with the family and my oldest son saw a group of you on Sun.
                    Dennis and Tammy
                    Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

Dennis,

I ment to send you a PM. You should be proud of your son. What a nice pleasant young man! We were airing down and he stopped on his motorcycle, removed his helmat and gloves and came over to me and introduced himself. He said that he was your son and that you guys were camping across the way. In this day and age of ding dong video game infected rude youth I was impressed. You have done a good job.

Mitch

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
                        Dennis,

I ment to send you a PM. You should be proud of your son. What a nice pleasant young man! We were airing down and he stopped on his motorcycle, removed his helmat and gloves and came over to me and introduced himself. He said that he was your son and that you guys were camping across the way. In this day and age of ding dong video game infected rude youth I was impressed. You have done a good job.

Mitch
                        x2. All of Dennis' children are very well behaved and mature. I hope I can do the same!
                        If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
                          x2. All of Dennis' children are very well behaved and mature. I hope I can do the same!
                          I too hope you can be will behaved and mature someday.:hide:
                          Those left standing
                          Will make millions
                          Writing books on ways
                          It should have been
                          -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
                            Dennis,

Mitch
                            Didn't know he talked to ya'll just said he saw ya.I can't take all the credit (70%) But I do have a big ass grin on my face right now.Glad to hear they make a good impression.Thank you
                            Dennis&Tammy
                            Dennis and Tammy

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
                              Thanks Mat.To bad thier Dad isnt the same way,huh?
                              Dennis and Tammy

Comment

Working...
                              X