Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Landers to big bear run

Some friends and i are planning a run from landers to big bear with an overnight camp saturday night. So far it looks like we will start in the city of landers, run the new dixie mine trail from east to west, link up to rattlesnake cyn, and run it from south to north to the main hwy. We will shoot over to big bear and run jacoby cyn from north to south and anything else we can squeeze in that day. If anyone is interested in joining in and taking point, it would be appreciated. We have never been on new dixie mine or rattlesnake and dont want to miss any of the cool points of interest. Thanks

I wish this was another weekend I live at the start of new dixie mine rosd and know that area well I will be in New York for A graduation that weekend ,man I guess we have made the big time now that we are a city. The best time to do New Dixie is after a good snow their are a lot of off shoots but most of the ones that are good are in the wilderness area now

Comment

Jack,

Put me down as a maybe. I just did the New dixie Mine / Rattlesnake run 2 weeks ago with Mike Kohler. A great run and one that would have been setting up soon. It I'm free I'd love to do it with you guys.

Mitch

Comment

Miiiiiitch, your report is the reason we are running dixie mine! Rattlesnake has been on our to do list for a while. When i saw how close dixie was to it, i just had to include it in the run. Hope you can make it. This will be our first blk diamond run so it would be nice to have a seasoned trail vet along. Oh, and dont worry don, im sure we will be running it again soon.

Comment

Anybody have any gps coords for the better points of interest along new dixie mine and/or rattlesnake cyn? Thanks

Comment

Here's the gdb (Garmin) for Rattlesnake up to BB. If you want the gpx I can send it to you. Rattlesnake is a nice trail.

http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=10042
            Check out .

Comment

Thanks for the link chuck. Rattlesnake does look like a nice trail from the pics ive seen. We were hoping for a bigger group, but it should be a great weekend anyway.

Comment

Rattlesnake is a fun trail. Make sure you stop and explore a little. Two hole mine is a nice hike but worth the trip.
                Check out .

Comment

Check out this jewel! Pages 8-11. Only to have been out there 30 or 40 years ago. Still looking good for me on this run. I know of a dozen spots to check out on the Saturday portion of this trip.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/2404131/19...-1971-December

Mitch

Comment

Nice find Mitch. Some cool info.
                    Check out .

Comment

Wow! 50 cents for shipping and handling and 5 percent california sales tax! Agreed, nice find mitch. Glad to hear things are looking good for this run. We are really looking forward to it.

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
                        Check out this jewel! Pages 8-11. Only to have been out there 30 or 40 years ago. Still looking good for me on this run. I know of a dozen spots to check out on the Saturday portion of this trip.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/2404131/19...-1971-December

Mitch
                        Haha did you see the 1971 catalog con-fer advertisement on page 21. I didnt realiize they have been around so long I have a confer front bumper for sale for a tj in the bst forum I dont think they are still in business though.

Comment

Jack,

Someone is telling to park the Jeep for a little bit till I can afford it. I'm sorry to say, but I'm out for Saturday and will be laying low till I find a job and can afford the repairs and upgrades. Broke an axle today and limped home 30 miles at 15 mph dragging my tail the whole way. Thank goodness it's a Non C Clip!

Mitch

Comment

Wow, sorry to hear about the axle mitch. 30 miles? That must have been a horrible drive. What were you doing when it blew?

Comment

Working...
                            X