Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Discussion: Big Bear

Can someone give me directions from Hesperia into Big Bear? An easy trail we can take? I have done it once. Not sure what trail. Went from Apple Valley to Big Bear on a quad. Not sure if a Jeep could go, but again. Something dirt, not much rocks, easy trail.

Thanks,
    Ron

3N14 Coxey Creek from Bowen Ranch Rd to Big Pine Flat and/or Fawnskin. Green circle easiest. Street legal vehicles only.

3N59A Carbine Flat from Deep Creek Rd to 3N14. Blue square more difficult.

4N16 Grapevine Canyon to 3N14. I don't know the current road conditions or if it is even open.

http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/sanbernardin...d_bigpines.pdf

http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/sanbernardin...actusflats.pdf

Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

Ocotillo Way and Central? Sound right?
      Last edited by Jeep4cern; 05-15-09, 11:15 AM.

Comment

How about the Willow Trail?You go E.on Main to 173,turn left,at the top after you get to black top the trail head starts.There is a couple stream crossings and its a nice drive trough the forest.There is a turn off to Devils Hole thats a nice spot to stop for lunch.Comes out in Arrowhead.Don't forget your Adv.Pass.
        Dennis
        Dennis and Tammy
        Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

Originally posted by GP4Play View Post
          How about the Willow Trail?You go E.on Main to 173,turn left,at the top after you get to black top the trail head starts.There is a couple stream crossings and its a nice drive trough the forest.There is a turn off to Devils Hole thats a nice spot to stop for lunch.Comes out in Arrowhead.Don't forget your Adv.Pass.
          Dennis
          Past Hesperia lake and everything? What is a ADV pass? <---new at this

Comment

Ron,

the Adventure Pass is needing the SBNF anytime you are out of you Jeep recreating. So if you park and go for a hike, you need one. If you go to Devils Hole and play in the water, you need one. If you just drive trails and don't stop to hang out you are OK.

Mitch

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
              Ron,

the Adventure Pass is needing the SBNF anytime you are out of you Jeep recreating. So if you park and go for a hike, you need one. If you go to Devils Hole and play in the water, you need one. If you just drive trails and don't stop to hang out you are OK.

Mitch

Good to know. Is there a link you can post to get one?

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
                Ron,

Mitch
                Since I like to go to National Parks (Yosemite, Death Valley, Yellowstone, Craters of the Moon, etc.), I've got a National Parks Pass and they recognize this as an Adventure Pass in Angeles, San Bernardino and Cleveland National Forests. This way I pay $80 for the National Parks Pass and don't have to pay another $30 for the Adventure Pass. Not that we're talking high finance here!

Christian
                "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Comment

I have a "California State Park Pass" and a "Golden Access Passport". Same?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeep4cern View Post
                    I have a "California State Park Pass" and a "Golden Access Passport". Same?
                    The Golden Access Passport works. Here is some more info on the new passes:

http://www.nps.gov/fees_passes.htm

They'll give you a sticker for an "open" vehicle like a Jeep, so that you don't have to leave your pass hanging on the rear view mirror.

Christian
                    "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Comment

Working...
                    X