Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Discussion: Big Bear Forest Fest

Anyone going to the big bear forest fest?
    Last edited by JeepGal; 05-13-09, 08:10 AM.
    Ford Raptor 6.2l

I should be there by Fri. afternoon.

Comment

When is it? What is it?

Christian
      "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Comment

Ive never heard of it. I found this from Inland Empire Four Wheelers.

IE4W Big Bear Forest Fest

Correct me if im wrong. $55 to do the trail runs?
        Those left standing
        Will make millions
        Writing books on ways
        It should have been
        -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Originally posted by OU812 View Post
          Correct me if im wrong. $55 to do the trail runs?
          No correction necessary. One of the reasons I don't go. I do believe you can check the IE4W website and they'll tell you what the money goes toward. I believe food and some sort of organization...???
          If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
            No correction necessary. One of the reasons I don't go. I do believe you can check the IE4W website and they'll tell you what the money goes toward. I believe food and some sort of organization...???
            Here we go again. Every year the debate comes up over this kind of event. Pay, don't pay, go, don't go. Whateverrrrrrr...
            [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
            [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
            http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
              Here we go again. Every year the debate comes up over this kind of event. Pay, don't pay, go, don't go. Whateverrrrrrr...
              Haha, yup... it happens with every event that has registration. I've done a few. To tell you the truth, my MAIN reason for not going isn't the cost, it's the crowds. I don't like running trails when they're parking lots.
              If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

My bad. I wansn't around last year.... I would pay 10-15 and pack my own lunch.
                Those left standing
                Will make millions
                Writing books on ways
                It should have been
                -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
                  from their board.

The proceeds from the event are donated to various charities throughout the year, with a majority of the proceeds donated to organizations dedicated to keeping our trails OPEN.

If I am together mentally and my jeep physically I will be there.
                  Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Originally posted by Tomb Raider 940 View Post
                    from their board.

The proceeds from the event are donated to various charities throughout the year, with a majority of the proceeds donated to organizations dedicated to keeping our trails OPEN.

If I am together mentally and my jeep physically I will be there.
                    I will be too, running right next to you... for FREE!! And before any of yooz boners starts lambasting me for that comment, it's just a joke...
                    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Forest Fest is a good event, and they do use the money to help various 4-wheeling causes. The trails get REALLY crowded during FF, and if you feel like you want to crash the party and wheel for free on whichever trail they're on (and, technically, you can), you'll be disappointed. The back-ups are HUGE, and you'll spend a lot of time sitting in line.

Other good things about the event include the Saturday night dinner, which is really good (although they had an issue with it last year due to a vendor contract conflict with the food providers for Snow Valley...stupid, if you ask me, but what do I know) and the raffle. It's also a good way to meet other local wheelers if you aren't involved with another group of wheelers.

It's also just a good time.

I haven't gone in years, because I tend to not like crowded trails, but for anyone looking for a good event to go to, this should be on the list.
                      '96 XJ, HP D30 front, XJ D44 rear, Lockright/E-Locker, 4.56's, Cobra CB, 33" Pro Comp xTreme MT's, SYE, Smittybilt XRC10 winch with Synth Rope, mutt lift.

Comment

Events like this or given by CORVA and Cal4, isn't for everybody. Many folks rather not pay to wheel trails that they could wheel for free.

These events are fund raisers and at the same time people get together (comaraderie) to have some fun.

Downside, is there is much traffic, so I'm glad I have a bit of patience.

Almost like buying Girlscout cookies, you know some money is raised for a good cause and the cookies taste good... LOL>>>

Comment

JB should be in good shape. Guys from my club were just up there sprucing it up and moving some big rocks back onto the trail for ya. Now if we could just convince folks to leave them there ....

Comment

Hey pay the fee its a fun time and a good cause. As for the trail runs there is a way around the long wait. Think about it!
                            IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Originally posted by bruce p View Post
                              JB should be in good shape. Guys from my club were just up there sprucing it up and moving some big rocks back onto the trail for ya. Now if we could just convince folks to leave them there ....

I told Kritter to place Claymores under 50% of the newly placed rocks - we'll let folks guess which 50%
                              Jeff
                              OHV76V
                              KG6TY
                              You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Working...
                              X