• Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: 29 Palms

a fun trip to 29 Palms...

some pics...

http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLan..._photos_button

and some mini clips as well...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMOWO...e=channel_page

Great pics. Seeing these pictures makes me want to get back out there. There is soo much to see and never enough time.

Comment

Nice pictures. I didn't think there was much to see in 29 Palms. I should get out there to check it out.
      Those left standing
      Will make millions
      Writing books on ways
      It should have been
      -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Roberto:
        Nice pictures. This is an area that I'd love to explore. I see that every group has their own Chuck, but ours does more tricks like stand on 3 wheels, lay down..... Too funny. Thanks for sharing your trips.

Scott:
        There are dozens of mines in the Dale and the New Dale mining district! Some still have quite a lot of headframes and buildings standing. You just have to deal with the skinny shelf roads, which I don't do.

Mitch

Comment

Thanks for sharing this.Great pic's
          Dennis and Tammy
          Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

The skinny shelf road sings for you while you drive over them… sort of charming…

I was able to fit Buttercup with no problems, more or less same size as the JK… any other Jeep should be fine…

Great place, close by to Orange County, no more than 3 hours driving from here…
            At 29 palms you can get wherever you may need, engine mount for the Jeep… was there…

And when you are there, is hot like hell… but that is desert weather… or not?

Comment

Burned Cars in the desert… Dale and the New Dale mining district!

We found a couple of burned cars close to the sand dunes…

What happens with the “Do not trash California” attitude?

What options do we have to remove them?

There is some form to report those to the National Forest Service, even that they are not inside the park? Are they going to do something about it?

What about the military station at 29 Palms? Do they care?

What other law enforcement authority we can contact to let them now about it?

It is OK to offer them some help? Like towing those cars close to pavement?

Do you have any advice? please post some ideas that I can use to take care of the problem… thanks a lot folks!!!

Comment

I use to wonder about abandoned cars I would see in the desert. Not talking about 4x4 vehicles either. Talking about old sedans, etc. I mean do people really think they can get far in the desert driving a gremlin, etc? If they are reported are they removed by the governing bodies or are they expected to be removed from the clubs that participate in cleanups? Seems to be a growing problem-burned vehicles in the desert areas.
                2004 TJ X
                Callsign: KJ6DHG

Comment

guys, finally the edited video, it is really cool...
                  what a camera man, driving and shooting!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQC8FYXzV08

Comment

Roberto,

Nice job with the video! If I don't have to sell my Jeep, I will hit those trails in celibration. The temp needs to drop below
                    110' and I need a Hummer in front of me so my Jeep feels skinny and confident!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing

Mitch

Comment

Great pics and vid!

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
                        Roberto,

Nice job with the video! If I don't have to sell my Jeep, I will hit those trails in celibration. The temp needs to drop below
                        110' and I need a Hummer in front of me so my Jeep feels skinny and confident!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing

Mitch
                        [COLOR="Blue"]Looks like a lot of fun Roberto and a great report. Mitch and I will join you when it gets down to 109 degrees. Mitch I'll drive in front of you with my JK. It's wider than a H2 or Suburban. The shelf road in this area really isn't that bad though. IMO

Now that wooden ladder.....

MK[/COLOR]

Comment

Mitch
                          I drove Brooklyn mine trail last Thanksgiving in a stock JK with street tires no problems. You will be fine. As for the shelf roads, my suggestion is don't look down!!!!!!!! It is an awesome place to explore with alot to see.
                          Roberto,
                          It's funny that sand dune looks small and easy in the video, but its actually hard to get to the top beacuse how soft it is. I have freinds that say it's harder to climb that dune than the dunes at galmis. Afer watching this video I can't wait to get back out there once it cools down.
                          Last edited by explorer1; 07-16-09, 11:26 PM.

Comment

[COLOR="Sienna"]Roberto...thanks for a view of "home". Makes me miss CA so much more.[/COLOR]
                            [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                            Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                            X