Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Anza Borrego

My Dad and I are going to Anza Borrego in a couple of weeks. We were supposed to go last month but my Dad had Jeep issues. A couple of others are supposed to go, but it'll probably just be my Dad and I.

Mostly easy but the trails we were planning: Canyon Sin Nombre to the Mud Caves, then down Diablo's drop off to Fish Creek, then head up to the slot, up the cut across trail towards calcite mine, then to Truckhaven.

Jim
    WILL WORK FOR JEEP PARTS!!!

I'm interested in doing that run. I haven't much experience down there, but those sound like the iconic trails I keep hearing about. I need to check the calendars and sync with the wife before I can confirm though. I'd be coming from Yorba Linda.
    Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
    Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
    HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

Hopefully the weather won't be too hot!!

Comment

when we go anytime after April, we will camp up in coyote canyon or somewhere that at least gets cool at night. I should be daytime around the hundreds by the middle of May. I love that place but usually do a few weekends during the winter.
        censored for having an opinion

Comment

I was expecting hot. We were supposed to do this last month, but my Dad's Jeep had issues. So he rode with me and we went with some friends on the Mojave rd. About a week ago we decided hot or not, we're going.

Comment

Sorry Jim, I don't have the full weekend off, won't be able to join you this time around.
            Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
            Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
            HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

No Worries. Had a lot of fun. It was hot but not bad while moving. There were four vehicles My Dad in his YJ, A friend in his Grand Cherokee, and another friend in an F150 and myself. Doug in the Grand Cherokee left around lunch time on Saturday, and as we were heading down Palm Wash to Truckhaven, Tyler in the F150 wanted to check his rear end because he heard some noises. Well there were two holes in his diff cover and all the fluid was leaking out. So he drove to the highway and called AAA. He thought it was the ABS ring, but after getting home and pulling the diff cover off, one of the bolts holding the ring gear was gone while the others were loose. Other than that there weren't any problems. My Dad was getting nervous in Truckhaven because under alot of flex, his rear springs on his YJ were making popping sounds. That was my first time wheeling in the Truckhaven area, that's alot of fun!!! I'll definitely be going back after the Summer!

Didn't take alot of pictures but I'll try to post some up when I'm not so lazy.

Jim

Comment

Working...
              X