This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Help !!! Need help marking Bullfrog with trail markers

[COLOR="Blue"]I talked with the BLM trail manager for the high desert today, and requested some of those brown fiberglass trail markers to put on the Bullfrog and Cakewalk trails. He said no problem, and seemed very glad to help. I'm meeting with him out at the Bullfrog on Tues May 5th to pick up markers, and get a little demo. on how to drive them in.

I need some help planting them. He will provide a couple of drivers to pound them into the ground. We just need some operators.

I was thinking of doing a work run - basically doing the trail and stoping and driving in a marker where needed. Now here's the technical part - we have to peel and stick the letters on the markers.LOL

So anytime after the 5th if anyone is interested in helping would be cool. During the week would be fine with me.

With the trails being well marked it will help to make route finding easier.

Dates??
    MK[/COLOR]
    Last edited by mkjeepers; 04-28-09, 07:49 PM.

Mike,

I can be there in about 30 minutes!!!!! I'll offer to help mark Bullfrog with you and could also make it for the demo. I'm disappointed at the number of brown fiberglass trail markers that are shot and or ran over on the trails, and wuold like to offer my help to the BLM with that also. Let me know when. I might be employed here real soon so during the week in the next 2 weeks would be great! Good job Mike!

Mitch

Comment

We finaly got some real work, but can help on the weekend!
      IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

mike i should be able to help during the week with the peeling of the stickers dont know much if my weak back can pound stakes in but i'll do what i can , next week will work if i can not make moab but the week after is better during the week when there's less traffic on the trail !!

Comment

Mike, I might be able to go during the week and help out, or weekend.

After the 5th, throw some dates around so maybe a few more people can go and help out. Keep us posted.

And thanks for getting this started for us!

Comment

[COLOR="Blue"]Cool, any time after the 5th. I'll get the goods and we'll pick a date.

Steve if you can peel and stick, that's good enough for me.

Mitch, I'm meeting him at the Buttes at 10:00 a.m. on Tues. the 5th. We didn't pick an exact spot, but just look for a BLM truck.

I think we'll post the trailhead of Hammerdown also.
            mk[/COLOR]

Comment

Wow,

Sometimes I try to hide from them and now I'm looking for them. That will be perfect Mike. I like the Hammerdown idea. Most people would look at the trailhead and laugh that somebody
              mis-stakenly stuck that trail sign next to a huge pile of rocks. Haaa...

See you at 10:00am Tuesday

Mitch

Comment

If they do not have American flag stickers on them, try adding those. Other areas have had good luck keeping the vandals away form the markers by adding the flag stickers to them. Wish I could come help Mike....especially if it was during the week and I could call in sick to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by HotRodOil.com View Post
                  If they do not have American flag stickers on them, try adding those. Other areas have had good luck keeping the vandals away form the markers by adding the flag stickers to them. Wish I could come help Mike....especially if it was during the week and I could call in sick to do so.

[COLOR="Blue"]John I did ask about the American flags, he said all of the sign posts come with BLM logos and American flags on them. Then all that's needed is to add the numbers and lettering.

Hopefully you can make the run.
                  MK[/COLOR]

Comment

I can be there on the weekends,and my oldest Son wants to help.
                    Dennis

Mitch,great to hear about your future employment.Good luck to ya.
                    Dennis
                    Dennis and Tammy
                    Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

[COLOR="Blue"]On Tuesday I'm going to pick up the trail markers from the BLM trail guy. It looks like the following Saturday will be the only day I'll have to work on the trail - I have a couple of work projects to do this week.

The following week I have to go to Moab - my kids want to go - so..

We're going to explpore some of the less traveled trails in the area - Elephant Hill, Salt Creek - in the Needles district of Canyonlands. Then 7 Mile Rim trail, 3D, Hey Joe Canyon, and some of the Sand Flats trails - Hell Revenge, Rose Garden Hill, Onion Creek etc. JK stuff. Should be fun.

Saturday I'm planning on running the trails out in the Cougar Buttes, stopping in certain spots to drive in the markers, we'll do kind of a trail run maintanance combo. Everyone is welcome to come.

Meet:
                      Saturday May 9th.
                      Camp Rock & 247 9:30 a.m.
                      CB Channel 25[/COLOR]
                      Last edited by mkjeepers; 05-03-09, 09:50 PM.

Comment

If I wasn't planning on planting trees in Arrowhead that day, I would be there to hlep in JV.

Shame you HAVE to go to Moab....real bummer I'm sure. I'm missing going for the first time in 5 years so I am really bummed about it. Thanks for the salt.

Comment

Mike, when you get back from Moab,throw up some possible dates.

This Sat. I will be at the M & G for a short while, then got to drive back for a family function.

Comment

Originally posted by HotRodOil.com View Post
                            If I wasn't planning on planting trees in Arrowhead that day, I would be there to hlep in JV.

Shame you HAVE to go to Moab....real bummer I'm sure. I'm missing going for the first time in 5 years so I am really bummed about it. Thanks for the salt.

[COLOR="Blue"]At least I didn't rub in pepper. It's been about 3 years for me going to Moab.

I forgot about the M&G Tony, maybe we can plan another Sat. soon. I'm scouting out a new route from JV to Heart Break Ridge. It starts in the little town of Johnson Valley So. of the 247, then through Landers and through the Big Horn Mts to 2n02 and HB Ridge. It fearures a short 8 rated canyon just south of the 247. I'm hoping to finish the pre-run tomorrow.
                            This might be a good LOST run, if I don't get lost. The one canyon can be by-passed.
                            mk[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by mkjeepers View Post
                              [COLOR="Blue"]At least I didn't rub in pepper. It's been about 3 years for me going to Moab.

I forgot about the M&G Tony, maybe we can plan another Sat. soon. I'm scouting out a new route from JV to Heart Break Ridge. It starts in the little town of Johnson Valley So. of the 247, then through Landers and through the Big Horn Mts to 2n02 and HB Ridge. It fearures a short 8 rated canyon just south of the 247. I'm hoping to finish the pre-run tomorrow.
                              This might be a good LOST run, if I don't get lost. The one canyon can be by-passed.
                              mk[/COLOR]
                              Hey Mike , this is great, boy you are sure quite the TRAIL BLAZER!
                              Sounds like another great trail in the making!

PLZZ...Don't get lost.!..LOL...

Comment

Working...
                              X