Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Rebel Chapter Big Bear Run Trail Report

I am still getting some more pictures coming in later on today and tomarrow but here is the basic report. The rest can be seen on rebelchapter4x4.com
    "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Trail report

Originally posted by Matt2001TJ View Post
    I am still getting some more pictures coming in later on today and tomarrow but here is the basic report. The rest can be seen on rebelchapter4x4.com
    Well folks it was a good day, seven rigs on the trail with no breakages. The weather was on the cold and breezy side. After meeting up with everyone at the trail head the last few of us disconnected our sway bars and aired down and off we went up 3N61 after completing Jacoby Canyon we stopped for a break and took some pictures. We then went around to the Baldwin Lake side to go up 3N69 Gold Mountain trail. We ran across two other friendly groups of jeepers on Gold Mountain one was "project JK" and after waiting for them to get through the "rock gardens" we went through as well. Close to the top of the mountain we stopped for lunch and after wards we went down the rest of the trail parked aired back up and said our goodbyes. We had some new faces on our run Ed and his wife Karen, Dennis and his wife Holly and "mudgirl" Jody. Jody was used to jeeping in snow and mud and decided to give rock crawling a try. After some pointers of what to do and what not to do and some spotting from the trail leader on a few places on the trail she proved at the end of the day to all of us she had passed "rock crawling 101" with flying colors. Here are some of the pics from the run with more to follow later on.

Rig line up after Jacoby canyon

"Mudgirl" Jody's view following the trail leader on Gold Mountain

TJ-Dan making it look easy

Eddie showing what can be done with a stock rig on 31s

Some great scenic views of Big Bear Lake, Ca. notice the ski resort in the background.

Last edited by Dukes69; 04-28-09, 11:44 PM.

Comment

CJ7Don

Last edited by Matt2001TJ; 04-29-09, 06:12 AM.

Comment

I was with another group, it was cool the seeing your group up there as I have never wheeled with yah.

Comment

Nice report and pics. Big Bear is next on my list of places to go...especially as the temps climb in summer!

that rangleme chick is bad news guys. Stay away from her. :whip: :whip: :hide: (just kiddin T.D.)

Comment

Nice pics! Looked like nice day.

Comment

Originally posted by rangleme View Post
              I was with another group, it was cool the seeing your group up there as I have never wheeled with yah.
              Cool, thank you...

Comment

Originally posted by XJJK View Post
                Nice report and pics. Big Bear is next on my list of places to go...especially as the temps climb in summer!

that rangleme chick is bad news guys. Stay away from her. :whip: :whip: :hide: (just kiddin T.D.)
                I'm trying to keep a low key rep over here Ed!!!!

Look forward to wheeling with you all sometime soon.

Comment

Working...
                X