Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Rodman Mountain Petroglyph tour

Friday 4-24-09 I'm meeting chuck (dirtman13) for a quick run to the Rodman Mountain Petroglyphs. We are meeting at 12:00 noon at Slash X on Hwy 247 halfway between Lucerne and Barstow. We will be on channel 4 as usual and this is an easy run on dirt roads. About 25 miles of dirt from Hwy247 and a flat 1/2 mile hike to the petroglyphs. this is a very cool spot for the photo buffs.

I am also leading a small group on sunday if anyone is interested. On sunday we will meet and leave from Camp Rock Road @ Hwy 247 at 8:30am. Also on channel 4.

Sorry for late notice but this is a very unique place to visit.

Mitch

Originally posted by great88 View Post
    Friday 4-24-09 I'm meeting chuck (dirtman13) for a quick run to the Rodman Mountain Petroglyphs. We are meeting at 12:00 noon at Slash X on Hwy 247 halfway between Lucerne and Barstow. We will be on channel 4 as usual and this is an easy run on dirt roads. About 25 miles of dirt from Hwy247 and a flat 1/2 mile hike to the petroglyphs. this is a very cool spot for the photo buffs.

I am also leading a small group on sunday if anyone is interested. On sunday we will meet and leave from Camp Rock Road @ Hwy 247 at 8:30am. Also on channel 4.

Sorry for late notice but this is a very unique place to visit.

Mitch
    Mitch,
    'WTF? There's a Hammerdown run Sunday and you're not going? I'm shocked!
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Kurt,

If I did not have a previous commitment I would be in the area. I want to passenger seat Calkwalk before I run it. That is just the way it works for me. There is a motive with the sunday run and I'll send you a PM.

Mitch

Comment

Also that night a few of us are going to run Pumpkin Eater and explore some other areas of Stoddard Wells.
        Check out .

Comment

Wow Chuck,

Back on line at home. See you at noon tomorrow. Going to be windy, bring the tie-downs.

mitch

Comment

those are some great 'glyphs for sure.
            I've shot over 500 pics the 3-4 times I've been there
            take your time while hiking up the canyon
            you might see some that will surprise you
            I always see some I didn't see the time before
            have fun

Comment

Sunday sounds real good to me. We were looking for something to do. We will be there.

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
                Also that night a few of us are going to run Pumpkin Eater and explore some other areas of Stoddard Wells.

Is this Friday night?

Scott

Comment

Questions

Ya'll probly don't know me, my name is Mike Wickham. victor valley 4W. I'd like to ask you a couple questions. What is a Hammerdown? and where is Cakewalk?
                  Last edited by caljeep; 04-24-09, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Those are trails in Johnson Vally. Search for them here youll find lots of pictures and info.
                    http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/search.php?do=process
                    Those left standing
                    Will make millions
                    Writing books on ways
                    It should have been
                    -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Hammerdown is the name of a trail?

Comment

Yes it is. JV is open to cross country travel so trails are not always necessary. But these are two of three trails that a MJR member put together. The third one is Bullfrog. They are all well marked.
                        --Please check out this link so we can keep this thread on-topic.
                        http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=13615
                        Those left standing
                        Will make millions
                        Writing books on ways
                        It should have been
                        -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the info, I've heard of Bullfrog. There's a lot of new trails popping up in JV. I found and built most of the original Hammer trails since 94'. Took a few years off but I been running them lately. I'll have to take a look at these 3 you're refering to. The link didn't work but I'll find em. Only thing is, When I do drive all the way out to JV, I want to get my money's worth so I usually take off from Means. thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by caljeep View Post
                            Thanks for the info, I've heard of Bullfrog. There's a lot of new trails popping up in JV....When I do drive all the way out to JV, I want to get my money's worth so I usually take off from Means. thanks.
                            Mike, we haven't met yet, butI look forward to meeting you on a run sometime... I did not run Hammerdown, but did take a lot of pictures of the somewhat knarley ending of it... Here is a link to the pictures I took...

http://s183.photobucket.com/albums/x...view=slideshow
                            Regards,
                            Randy

"An army of asses led by a lion is better than an army of lions led by an ass" George Washington

www.youtube.com/user/MyBrokenJeep

Comment

I also have an 83 CJ7. I call it All GO-NO Show. After building Jackhammer, Wrecking Ball, Outer Limits etc, it's just one big bunch of body damage. Hope to show it to you.

Comment

Working...
                              X