Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roger View Post
    There's no boar hunting at the closed AFB in victorville. It is an active Airport. I don't think the FAA or TSA would take too kindly to firearms on the airport...
    No I don't think they would think lightly of that situation.

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by MrBash View Post
      No I don't think they would think lightly of that situation.
      Bash,
      Check into the Tejon Ranch area out off the 5 near Frazier Park. I think they used to let the public in to hunt boar out there.
      [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
      [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
      http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
        Bash,
        Check into the Tejon Ranch area out off the 5 near Frazier Park. I think they used to let the public in to hunt boar out there.
        Thnaks I'll cherck that out. We actually have a cabin in Lake of the woods so that would be perfect.

Comment

Although,

Bradley Fighting Vechicles, Apache Gunships, and M-16's are cool. Well at least during the "War Games". Fun to watch!

Mitch

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
            There's no boar hunting at the closed AFB in victorville. It is an active Airport. I don't think the FAA or TSA would take too kindly to firearms on the airport...
            [COLOR="Sienna"]I'm pretty certain that's where they hunt regularly, and it's all legit. Lemme ask and get the name of the base so I know we're talking about the same place.[/COLOR]
            [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
            Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Hey Bash.....I've got a sweet 45/70 lever rifle you can borrow for pig hunting, if the .06 wont do......Killed a few pigs with it "back in the day"
              :cactus::cactus:+:beer:=:poop:...:hide:

Comment

mr bash ive been doig a lot of hunting in the area no hog but conntact me if interested in hunting in the area
                :gun:im a outlaw baby:gun:

Comment

Victorville hogs, the Mojave river area, by the "narrows".....I would assume there would be "No Hunting" there......Atascadaro, Paso Robles, Fort Hunter Ligget, King city used to be great hog area years ago....Ferel hogs, but good sized....you may look into those areas..........
                  :cactus::cactus:+:beer:=:poop:...:hide:

Comment

Bash,

The area around the old George Air Force Base is all City of Victorville Property now and for sure there is no hunting around that area at all! I've heard about pigs down in the Mojave River area near there. I'll get some more info for you toorrow. I have a friend that held most of the California State bow records as of a few years ago and knows every pig spot in So Cal. I'll let you know.

Mitch

Comment

Ya i don't imagine there are too many wild boar in the hi desert and that's the first i've heard of any in the cleghorn area. Definitly no hunting at george afb or the narrows area of mojave river. I have seen a few large pigs at the Mall of Victor Valley, though.

Comment

Bash,

Cleghorn has deer (in season) and a few turkey's, but my friend has not seen wild boar or tracks there. There are some pigs near the spill way and the fields Lake Arrowhead Road but thats private property. A long the Mojave River from the 15 fry north for a couple of miles he has seen a few pigs and there is beaver in the river itself. His 360lb monster came from Fort Tejon Ranch (Private/Pay).

Mitch

Comment

I'll check the regs for SBNF when I get home (if my CRS doesn't kick in - it was really bad yesterday)

We teach the Hunting Regulations for the SBNF in our Rules and Regulations class - but to be honest I just read that portion - and all those files are at home.
                          Jeff
                          OHV76V
                          KG6TY
                          You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Originally posted by TJ Clay View Post
                            ...I have seen a few large pigs at the Mall of Victor Valley, though.
                            Priceless!
                            SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                            MJR moderator
                            MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                            Jeep Patrol Leader
                            Reforestation Supervisor
                            Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                            Eagle Scout

Comment

As per DFG you need to be in possession of a Pig Tag. If the local USFS said it OK to hunt there you're in.
                              Wild Pig Management Program
                              http://www.dfg.ca.gov/wildlife/hunting/pig/
                              http://www.dfg.ca.gov/wildlife/hunti...s/pigguide.pdf

Pigs (Sus scrofa) are native to Eurasia and northern Africa. In the early 1700's Spanish and Russian settlers introduced domestic pigs to California as livestock and many became feral. In the 1920's a Monterey county landowner introduced the European wild boar, a wild subspecies of Sus scrofa into California, which bred with the domestic pigs. The result of these introductions is a wild boar/feral domestic pig hybrid.

Until the mid 1950's, wild pigs were unclassified under state law and could be killed with no restrictions. In 1957, wild pigs were designated a game mammal by the State Legislature. The Fish and Game Commission soon established hunting seasons, bag and possession limits, method of take and the conditions for using dogs. In 1992 Fish and Game Code Sections 4650 through 4657 were added that required hunters to possess wild pig license tags while hunting pigs.

Wild pigs currently exist in 56 of the state's 58 counties and can be found in a variety of habitats ranging from woodland, chaparral, meadow and grasslands. Wild pigs are omnivorous, consuming both plant and animal matter. In general, wild pigs feed on: grasses and forbs in the spring: mast and fruits in the summer and fall: and roots, tubers and invertebrates throughout the year.

As with all game species, wild pig behavior tends to change as hunting pressure increases. Where hunting is infrequent wild pigs may be active during the day. With moderate hunting, pigs tend to bed down around sunrise and become active again in late afternoon. In areas with heavy hunting pressure pigs are generally active only at night. Depending on pig density and abundance of cover, wild pigs tend to leave an area where hunting pressure becomes severe. Please see the state map below for pig take per county based on the wild pig tag returns for hunting season.

About half of the state is under private ownership and wild pigs occur mainly on private lands, but many public areas in the state have a fairly high rate of return on pig tags. In the northern part of the state the Tehama Wildlife Area has a modest return. In the central part of the state, Cow Mountain Management Area and Laguna Mountain also do well. The military bases (Fort Hunter Liggett and Camp Roberts) are responsible for 35% of the public land take. Please see the Department of Fish and Game's Guide to Hunting Wild Pigs in California for more information on behavior, biology and how to hunt wild pigs plus maps and contact information for wild pig hunting on public lands, recipes and more.

Comment

Originally posted by 4point View Post
                                As per DFG you need to be in possession of a Pig Tag. If the local USFS said it OK to hunt there you're in.
                                Wild Pig Management Program
                                http://www.dfg.ca.gov/wildlife/hunting/pig/
                                http://www.dfg.ca.gov/wildlife/hunti...s/pigguide.pdf
                                We have tags

Comment

Working...
                                X