Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Day #3 Bullfrog trail

Met up today in Lucerne to run the Bullfrog Trail at Cougar Buttes. Thanks again Mike K for all of your hard work setting up and marking this trail. Chuck (dirtman13), Mike and Shirley and son Niko (mywifesjeep), Scott (DrDirty), Randy and Carmen (mybrokenjeep), and Mitch(great88) met at the Valero Station in Lucerne at 9:00am. The guy running the station is liking the extra exposure of the regular meeting place. I've been there at 9:00am 3 days in a row for runs. We headed out to the Bullfrog trailhead to air down and get started. There were 3 jeeps that started before us but we never saw them again. A rare day that the Frog was empty. Everyone seemed to have a great time and made it through all of the obsticles. Of course we had "The Chuck 3 Wheel Show". Chuck is now on 35's and found it is even easier to hang a wheel in the air, which he did a lot today. You have to love hearing "I could use a spotter and a camera up here". Lots of critters out today, we saw several Chuckwalla's, a stealthy rattlesnake under a rock over hang by our lunch spot, several quail, some other lizards and a Jack Rabbit that tried to out race me. A beautiful day, around 90' and sunny. No brake downs, nobody hurt, and just some basic scrapes and crunches.

Thanks Chuck for the call, thanks everyone else for the fun day. What an awesome trail. Mr Bash....MIA!
    Next time buddy.

Mitch

Chuck on the warm up slab

The Bullfrog Trail

Great88 can flex!

Mike on Jeep Eater

Mike

Scott

Randy and Carmen

Carmen brought the kids

Lunch with the Rattlesnake

Now for the Chuck 3 Wheel Show!

Chuck's fun

Scott's fun smashed exhaust Y-tube
    Last edited by Mitch; 04-19-09, 07:10 PM.

great time guys now i have to go finish replacing my y pipe lol
    [COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Comment

[COLOR="Sienna"]I am SO sorry I didn't make this guys. I had the longest night ever last night driving home from BB. I didn't wake up until about 9:30 today.

I SO want to do this run.[/COLOR]
      [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
      Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Comment

Nick,

Was that you that drove by us on Friday as we were leaving Rattlesnake Canyon @ 247 around 4:00pm? Missed you today, but knew you'd be beat.

Mitch

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
            Nick,

Was that you that drove by us on Friday as we were leaving Rattlesnake Canyon @ 247 around 4:00pm? Missed you today, but knew you'd be beat.

Mitch
            [COLOR="Sienna"]Yep that was me...figured it was you that I was passing, but Kurt was at the Gold Mountain trailhead waiting on me to get there so couldn't stop to talk. Sorry.

On the up side, I did Gold Mountain and John Bull on Friday...WOOO HOOO! But Bullfrog is still on my list of "To Do's"[/COLOR]
            [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
            Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

What have we done.........Mitch is now refering to BullFrog as a "moderate" trail. Well Mitch, what would you now consider difficult and still be willing to try out?????????????

Looks like you all had a great time, and it looks like Chuck was up to his usual antics.

Mitch......now that your home after your BF run I think you should hoist yourself a Hefeweizen to celebrate.
              Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Chuck,
                THe Heep looks good on 35's~ Way nice. See it hasn't weighed you down any...:gun: woo hoo!
                I was really debating whether to go run BF with you guys or go get my new buddy. The buddy won out. But ya'all are still tops with me. Looks like another good day in JV
                [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Nick:
                  No Bullfrog in Michigan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brian:
                  Luckily they come in a convenient single serving 12 pack box!

Mitch
                  Last edited by Mitch; 04-19-09, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
                    Chuck,
                    THe Heep looks good on 35's~ Way nice. See it hasn't weighed you down any...:gun: woo hoo!
                    I was really debating whether to go run BF with you guys or go get my new buddy. The buddy won out. But ya'all are still tops with me. Looks like another good day in JV
                    you def missed a good one kurt

Comment

What have we done.........Mitch is now refering to BullFrog as a "moderate" trail. Well Mitch, what would you now consider difficult and still be willing to try out?????????????

Well Mitch it's time for cakewalk, since Bullfrog is so easy!!!
                      IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Looks like a great time, nice pics!

Mitch you're a animal!....whats next..the hammers!

I'll be going up there soon.

Comment

Originally posted by curtis View Post

Well Mitch it's time for cakewalk, since Bullfrog is so easy!!!
                          [COLOR="Blue"]X2, Cakewalk might be a Cakewalk Mitch! BTW you've doing as many runs as I do. [/COLOR]

Comment

AWESOME pictures!

I can't wait until the next run out there!
                            Money pit!

Comment

Paul,

Name a date. Some of us can go anytime. Thinking that some Cakewalk would work into a longer run. Did I say that? Add Box Canyon and it's a full day! Drive it, Don't whine about it!

Mitch

Comment

Working...
                              X