Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Organized Event: 4/18 Tree planting with Forest Aid

This was not really a trail but Ill post it here anyway. USMC 0369, Materdaddy, Tony M, 2blk2drs and I helped with the tree planting on Saturday. Over 150 people showed up and we planted 1700 trees! It doesn't really feel like work when you are up on the mountain having fun.

Our shameless.. I mean fearless leader.

Tony working hard with the dibble bar.

Materdaddy and 2BLK2DRS putting the trees in the ground.

The girl scouts were there in force getting their hands, and faces, dirty.

The boy scouts were there too.

Mid-day we stopped for lunch.

2BLK2DRS thought he could scare the girl scouts into giving him cookies but it didn't work. Those girls are tuff.
    Those left standing
    Will make millions
    Writing books on ways
    It should have been
    -Incubus "Warning"

What the HELL is with people always getting my picture when I'm not doing anything???

Knock it off! People are going to realize I'm only there to get the T-Shirt!

Seriously everyone, WOW what a day planting trees. We even got a "good job" from Chris, the supervising Forest Ranger. A rare thing from what I understand.

What's with the cub scout trying to look "thug" with the dibble bar? "Dibble Bar" kinda takes the toughness away I'd think. But them little cubbies put in a lot of trees yesterday!
    Last edited by USMC 0369; 04-19-09, 11:16 AM.
    [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
    Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Yes, It was a very fruitful day yesterday, great turn out! Was able to take a few pics in the mtns. Had my youngest with me along with my niece.

for your viewing pleasure :
      http://s283.photobucket.com/albums/k...view=slideshow

Comment

Originally posted by OU812 View Post
        Our shameless.. I mean fearless leader.
        You got it right the first time.

Originally posted by OU812 View Post

Nick, this girl looks like she worked harder then you.

[COLOR=black]If any you haven't done tree planting yet you should. It's almost over and it's a great experience.[/COLOR]
        Last edited by dirtman13; 04-20-09, 12:52 PM.
        Check out .

Comment

Looks like it was a great day!

I finally have the time to go supervise. I have taken Wednesday, Thursday, & Friday off to go.

Oh and Nick, I'm sure the young lady worked harder than you.
          SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
          MJR moderator
          MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
          Jeep Patrol Leader
          Reforestation Supervisor
          Licensed Ham - n6ujm
          Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
            Looks like it was a great day!

I finally have the time to go supervise. I have taken Wednesday, Thursday, & Friday off to go.

Oh and Nick, I'm sure the young lady worked harder than you.
            [COLOR="Sienna"]Okay...YES she did! What, you think I'm gonna get dirty?

Roger have you been confirmed for this weekend with Forest Aid? Last word we got was that there was no need for supervisors this weekend. I have an email into the dutchess for confirmation though. Will post more when I get it.[/COLOR]

Comment

Nick - I'm going during the week and not on the weekend. There's some large group coming on Wednesday I believe. I did send Ms. Miner an email last night to confirm, but I have not received a reply from her as of yet.
              MJR moderator
              Jeep Patrol Leader
              Reforestation Supervisor
              Licensed Ham - n6ujm
              Eagle Scout

Comment

Well this didn't work ou very well

I was scheduled to work today, tomorrow, & Friday. I never received a confirmation from my email & phone calls. I figured maybe they were busy so I got up this morning and drove up there. There was another Supervisor waiting also. We waited an hour and no one showed up. We tried making some phone calls but no one answered. We called the Discovery Center and they had no information either.

I fianlly got a hold of Rain Miner after I got home and she was sincerely apologetic. She promised she would call me back by 3:00 PM today regarding tomorrow.

Hopefully tomorrow will go better. Thankfully Tree Peope are a 501(c)3 Non-profit organization so I can at least write my milage off my taxes...

I hope this was an isolated incident and not SOP for this organization...
                Last edited by Roger; 04-22-09, 01:32 PM.
                MJR moderator
                Jeep Patrol Leader
                Reforestation Supervisor
                Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                Eagle Scout

Comment

Roger, thanx for trying. Patience pays.

Comment

Update:

Well Rain called me and explained to me that she found the error. Apparently when she wrote my schedule down a few weeks back, she neglected to transfer it to wherever it needed to go. She was very apologetic. I didn't cause a fuss and I just thanked her and all is good.

I'm all set up for Thursday morning now, so we'll see how it goes....
                    MJR moderator
                    Jeep Patrol Leader
                    Reforestation Supervisor
                    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                    Eagle Scout

Comment

Update:

Well Rain called me and explained to me that she found the error. Apparently when she wrote my schedule down a few weeks back, she neglected to transfer it to wherever it needed to go. She was very apologetic. I didn't cause a fuss and I just thanked her and all is good.

I'm all set up for Thursday morning now, so we'll see how it goes....
                      [COLOR="Sienna"]IMO Rain takes this tree planting business VERY seriously. I can understand, I think she's being paid to take it seriously. The days that I've been there, everything has gone off without a hitch...more or less. [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by USMC 0369 View Post
                        [COLOR="Sienna"]IMO Rain takes this tree planting business VERY seriously. I can understand, I think she's being paid to take it seriously. The days that I've been there, everything has gone off without a hitch...more or less. [/COLOR]
                        Apparently what's happening is Rain is responsible for the weekend plantings and David is responsible for the weekday plantings. It seems there was a lack of communication between the two of them. I think that has been fixed now.

Tomorrow should be interesting. I'll be one of the supervisors for the UCR football team. I didn't even know they had one! I hope I can keep up with them!
                        MJR moderator
                        Jeep Patrol Leader
                        Reforestation Supervisor
                        Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                        Eagle Scout

Comment

Apparently what's happening is Rain is responsible for the weekend plantings and David is responsible for the weekday plantings. It seems there was a lack of communication between the two of them. I think that has been fixed now.

Tomorrow should be interesting. I'll be one of the supervisors for the UCR football team. I didn't even know they had one! I hope I can keep up with them!
                          WHAT??!?!?!?!? UCR has a football team now? I graduate and they take all my tuition monies and build a beautiful commons, new buildings all over, and now a football team?!?!?! I feel so used!

(Seriously, they new commons and buildings are nice, I went to a job fair last month to recruit software engineers for my company...)
                          If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Materdaddy - Mystery Solved!

Okay - here's the story, it wasn't UCR's football team! It was the University of Redlands team. What a great group of hard working guys. There were about 25 of them and they planted 1,000 trees today.

In talking with David Tinkersly today, "My Jeep Rocks" came up. His face lit up and had nothing but praise for MJR. He has really been impressed by the group. Good job everyone!

Well, I'll be back out there with them tomorrow, but right now I gotta rest my tired feet!
                            MJR moderator
                            Jeep Patrol Leader
                            Reforestation Supervisor
                            Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                            Eagle Scout

Comment

Glad to hear, Way to go Roger!

Comment

Working...
                              X