Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Saturday Jeeping

Went out today to relax and enjoy the awesome weather as well as our "public lands". I met Scott and Lesa (avjeepfreek), and Brian and Mike (EVCJEEP) in Lucerne. Roger came by to say hi this morning but unfortunately couldn't make the run. After dropping Brian's truck and haul trailer at Roger's house we headed north on Hwy 247 about 12 miles and aired down and hit the trails just wandering and checking out some old mines. The weather was perfect, clear and in the low 80's. We checked out 7 different mine tunnels, usually with Lesa in the lead! We cruised some narrow wash areas, some narrow rocky shelf roads, and just enjoyed the day. We did the picnic thing for lunch and washed the dust down with some icy beverages. This area has stayed rather clean with our constant cleaning and we were pleased to see very little in the way of trash to pick up today. Another good day spent offroading with friends. Thanks everyone. Tomorrow, sunday will be 3 days in a row, so it's time for a steak, some cold ones,and a little rest.

Mitch

Somewhere north of Lucerne

Soon to be flying!

Brian checking out one of the mines

Mr Kangaroo Mouse

Lesa looking for the gold

Lots of color in the desert this month
    Last edited by Mitch; 04-18-09, 06:55 PM.

A quick Video from a camera

Comment

Mitch, Scott & Lesa..........

Thank you all for a great a day in the outdoors, especially ole Off-Camber Mitch who led nearly the entire trail. I really enjoyed the day in Lucerne Valley and look forward to hitting the trails with you again soon. That was fun.

PS........thank you for allowing my silent protest today. Sheesh it seems to have gotten serious!

-Brian
      Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Looks like it was a great time!! Like the pic's.

Comment

cCool pics. Time to goto sleep. Got to wake up in three hours.

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

Comment

Hey Mitch, with your great reports and pics...and you go all the time..seems like I'm there too!! Thanks!

Comment

Yep...awesome day! Ol' Off-Camber Mitch did a fine job of trail leader. Of course, the only thing better than the weather was great folks we got to spend the day with!

Looking forward to the next outing. Thanks y'all!

NiKnaak

Comment

Lesa and I had a great time!! Thanks for the great company out on the trail, it was an awesome day for sure!

Man, I gotta get a faster internet connection at home! I'll have my pic's up tonight sometime!!
                "I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

Comment

Mitch, you need help....3 days in row?
                  Check out .

Comment

More Pic's

Mitch, the shelf road King!

Yes, thats a car down inside that vertical shaft!

The bat didn't want to fly today

Watch the Birdie!
                    "I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

Comment

Mitch, I'm going to have to make it one of these days to explore the mines with you. Looks like a lot of fun.
                      WILL WORK FOR JEEP PARTS!!!

Comment

Scott/Lesa:
                        Great pictures! I really like the Kangaroo Rat shot. Good times.

Jim:
                        Just make the call!

Comment

Working...
                        X