Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: San Gabriel OHV - a.k.a. Azusa Canyon

We're heading to the San Gabriel OHV Area this Sunday. I'm not a fan of mud so I'll be staying away from those pits. We're taking one of our lady friend's F150 and a nother friend's JK there to have a little fun.

Just a heads up if anyone wants to join.

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

Is it open? When I checked a few weeks ago, it was still closed.
    [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
    Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
    [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Malachi View Post
      Is it open? When I checked a few weeks ago, it was still closed.
      They're open on Saturday and Sunday only.

Comment

Word on the ACORA web site is they are limiting the number of trucks to 150 now. The water level is really high. No mud pits. They try to make one with a water pump on the weekends. You got to be there early to get in line to hope to get in.

John

Comment

Originally posted by CAJONJP View Post
          Word on the ACORA web site is they are limiting the number of trucks to 150 now. The water level is really high. No mud pits. They try to make one with a water pump on the weekends. You got to be there early to get in line to hope to get in.

John

And pay $10.00 per vehicle to get in. Thanks, but ...NO. BTW, Azuza is affectionately known as "Convict Canyon". Make your own assumptions here...
          [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
          [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
          http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
            And pay $10.00 per vehicle to get in. Thanks, but ...NO. BTW, Azuza is affectionately known as "Convict Canyon". Make your own assumptions here...
            All statements true. However, it's a good location to take beginner offroaders, unless they have time to drive to hungry valley so they can practice there.

Comment

Since the San Gabriel OHV website has been down all day, and because I work at the mouth of the San Gabriel Cyn, I drove up to the site to see what the water-level looks like. The last time I checked, most of the OHV park was under water and the Rangers were not opening the park on weekends.

As someone already said, the water level is still really high. About half the park is under water. Regardless, the park is opening on weekends from 8am to 4pm. No mud visible, but the water crossings are looking nice and deep. Plenty of tracks too, the park looks like it is getting all 150 visitors pretty regularly.

[/COLOR]

Comment

Trip cancelled. I don't like high water levels.

Comment

You could always take the new folks on Cleghorn and by-pass anything that they are not comfortable with. Just a thought....

[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Malachi View Post
                    You could always take the new folks on Cleghorn and by-pass anything that they are not comfortable with. Just a thought....
                    I've taken both of them there before.

The F150 said she'll never offroad with me again and the Chevy Tahoe almost killed himself a few times. We have MJR witnesses of that. They bewlong on flat grounds.

Comment

i agree. cleghorn is a MUCH better place to have fun at.. Azusa is dog poo... and for the convict canyon comment.... couldnt be more accurate with the types that occupy that area.
                      1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

Originally posted by MrBash View Post
                        I've taken both of them there before.

The F150 said she'll never offroad with me again and the Chevy Tahoe almost killed himself a few times. We have MJR witnesses of that. They bewlong on flat grounds.
                        OOh Yeah! Those Tahoe pictures were rockin'! (in more ways than one.)

The water's not too deep for those vehicles and your Jeep should be fine. You might still want to consider going.

If not, there are some great trails in the Lytle Creek and Cajon area that are mild to moderate. 3N06A, 3N49, and 3N24 have some fun stuff and some great views. If you are not familiar with these, I might be able to get you some directions.

[/COLOR]

Comment

Thanx Malachi. I cancelled the run due to an anniversary party I have to attend Saturday night which will run till 3:00am or so

Comment

Mr Bash was not joking about the Tahoe! I was there and it was scary to say the least.

Mitch

Comment

Got it. Have fun at the party! I hope to cross paths again with you on the trails soon.

[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                              X