Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Discussion: 3N03 to 2N02 to 2N12Y

I am kind of new to this forum, and I was wondering if any one if familiar with this trail I have attempted to upload. I ran it today, and I think I may have come out wrong. It was not very well marked, and I seem to have come out on a equestrian ranch. Any thoughts or help from someone that knows this area??

Well I am having problems uploading the log file, so does anyone know how to do that? I will work on it.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Gilez; 04-12-09, 05:34 PM.

Giles,

If you give me some more info I can probly help you. I've run
    3N03 (Cactus Flats) and also 2N02 (Burns Canyon Road) many time in both directions and I don't recall "2N12Y". The numbering sequence looks right for the Sugarloaf area but that would not connect with 2N02 which ends just east of Baldwin Lake. Post up or send me a PM. I'm going to be in that area this Friday.

Mitch

Comment

Are you sure 2N12Y is a good trail number? I know the area fairly well and I checked my maps. I didn't find it.
      SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
      MJR moderator
      MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
      Jeep Patrol Leader
      Reforestation Supervisor
      Licensed Ham - n6ujm
      Eagle Scout

Comment

2n12y

Well I put the route in the attached trk file. But 2N12Y turns left off 2N02 1 3/4 miles before 2N02 meets the 18. My map shows that it comes out on the 38 just south of Woodland. Thanks for trying to help me out. I am only going to be in this area until Wednesday.

Comment

Giles,

I found 2N12Y on my topo program. I think it might be numbered differently at 2N02 (2N86Y or 2N87Y). Also 2N02 does not hit Hwy 18, it ends at Baldwin Lake road about 1 1/2 miles south of 18. Have fun out there.

Mitch

Comment

[COLOR="Blue"]I have it on one of my high powered maps. That is a residential area near the Camp Oaks Girl Scouts Camp and Dead Mans Ridge - Erwin Lake. It may be hard to find the entrance to the trail.
            MK[/COLOR]

Comment

[COLOR="Blue"]If you want to cruise that area try 2N04 to Broom flats - just south of 2N12Y, or 2N68Y, or
              2N61Y(Heartbreak Ridge)off of 2N01, all 3 are moderate rated.[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by mkjeepers View Post
                [COLOR="Blue"]If you want to cruise that area try 2N04 to Broom flats - just south of 2N12Y, or 2N68Y, or
                2N61Y(Heartbreak Ridge)off of 2N01, all 3 are moderate rated.[/COLOR]
                Hey cool thanks much. I think I will try that tomorrow. I was also going to check out that 9465' peck off 2N93. Hopefully they are open. I was trying to find away onto Sand Canyon (2N27) today from Sugarloaf, but there does not seem to be any gates open. Any clue why they have all the gates out of Sugarloaf closed? This would be a great entrance to the peak from where I am staying. Thanks again for the help.

Comment

A little more detail

OK so here is a map.... I think I should probably of came out where the red arrow is instead of where the route line shows I came out. What do you think?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X