This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
    Yup! You catch 'em right there in the store pond... it has a waterfall...:thumbs_up
    [COLOR="Sienna"]You mean a shower too!? That thar's a dang good lookin store![/COLOR]
    [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
    Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Matt, just bring/tow the VV4W artie ramp down with you, I'm sure they'll let 'us' borrow it fer the day
      :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Originally posted by Kodiak Spirit View Post
        Matt, just bring/tow the VV4W artie ramp down with you, I'm sure they'll let 'us' borrow it fer the day
        That could be done i am sure but when I posted about the idea nobody seemed interested in the idea of an RTI ramp. Some out here might not even know what it is? And when I go down the hill I always go all over the place to see old friends so me taking it down is out. Hey I have a great idea,... an ex vice president could bring it down.. :smile:
        "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Comment

Originally posted by Matt2001TJ View Post
          That could be done i am sure but when I posted about the idea nobody seemed interested in the idea of an RTI ramp. Some out here might not even know what it is? And when I go down the hill I always go all over the place to see old friends so me taking it down is out. Hey I have a great idea,... an ex vice president could bring it down.. :smile:
          By all means, bring it! That would be fun. Just make sure to get there a few minutes early so there will be room to set it up.
          :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by Russ Chung View Post
            Christian,

I have discovered that as you build up your Jeep, you tend to take tougher trails and try tougher lines so you end up breaking as much if not more than you did before!

Russ
            Russ,

I expect that I'll wind up doing plenty of damage over time, but there are some basic things that I need to get taken care of.

Christian
            "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
              And Christian,
              If Russ askes if you want to go on a "stocker" run, be verrrrry wary...
              Will do!

I do need to be careful and start slow. I'll build up both my skills and rig from there. With the help of those of you that are more knowledgeable, of course.

Cakewalk was a bit beyond my ability, but I did have a lot of fun! That day, I think it was a good idea to slide out halfway through the run and quit while I was ahead. I had only done some minor damage to my rockers and corners. Later I found out that I blew my pinion seal.

As I build up my OHV "war chest," I can take more chances.

Christian
              "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Comment

If i take my top off my groceries might blow out
                [COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by headhunter View Post
                  Will do!

I do need to be careful and start slow. I'll build up both my skills and rig from there. With the help of those of you that are more knowledgeable, of course.

Cakewalk was a bit beyond my ability, but I did have a lot of fun! That day, I think it was a good idea to slide out halfway through the run and quit while I was ahead. I had only done some minor damage to my rockers and corners. Later I found out that I blew my pinion seal.

As I build up my OHV "war chest," I can take more chances.

Christian
                  [COLOR="Blue"]Sorry about the damage you sustained on Cakewalk Christian. So when are you going to have those 35's installed?

Mike K.[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by mkjeepers View Post
                    [COLOR="Blue"]Sorry about the damage you sustained on Cakewalk Christian. So when are you going to have those 35's installed?

Mike K.[/COLOR]
                    Hey Mike,

I know it's part of the deal to break some stuff, so I'm not upset about it.

It was the first stock Scrambler you had out there and there was no way of knowing how it would do. The angles are so different than the shorter stock vehicles that is was hard to guess. Also, the springs are really old and sagging.

If I had about 3 more inches of lift I would have been fine.

The timetable on the 35's is unsure. I need to do a lot of work in preparation for the bigger tires. I need to do the RE 4.5" lift and a 1" body lift. I need to get a bigger master brake cylinder and since my steering box is leaking, I'm going to replace it with a stronger box with a more solid brace. I'll probably do the 4.5" lift last, so that it doesn't look silly riding around on 29's while I finish the rest.

In the meanwhile, I'll stick to something just slightly more tame and I'll be fine.

I do want to thank you for coming out that day and showing us the run. It was a great time for everyone!

I look forward to seeing you again!

Christian

Comment

I was able to change my schedule for the Meet and Greet weekend and will definitely be there!

I look forward to meeting everyone who will be able to make it!

Christian

Comment

since.. i drive an XJ.. ill just show up with my top off instead...

COOL????
                        [COLOR="Blue"]www.LEADFOOToffroad.com [/COLOR][COLOR="blue"][COLOR="Red"] COMING SOON!!![/COLOR][/COLOR]
                        PARTS, SERVICE, INSTALLATION & CUSTOM FAB...

Comment

My XJ is not going topless but I will turn on the A/C!!
                          Gregg Turk
                          West Oak Hills
                          greggturk.com
                          95 Jeep Cherokee, 69 Jeep CJ5

Comment

Damn wish i could make this, ill be at the Red Bull Air Races that day...
                            |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

and the topless thing sounds like fun, except there gonna be a slight problem with that in our case. Does a topless wife count? Maybe the new addition needs a slight modification before then.
                              Some say that if you listen to the little voices, you are open minded, if you answer them, you belong in a white padded room. I say, have a conversation!!

Comment

Originally posted by swbooking View Post
                                Damn wish i could make this, ill be at the Red Bull Air Races that day...
                                I forgot about the Air Races. I got some awesome pictures from the free seats (on the rocks on Coronado Island). I still choose the Meet and Greet though. :smile:
                                Those left standing
                                Will make millions
                                Writing books on ways
                                It should have been
                                -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Working...
                                X