Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Wanna get LOST in Stoddard?

gonna run out to the High Desert Roundup area in Stoddard Valley, about 10 miles south of Barstow California, off Highway 247.
    We are mainly going to find and run the Devils Loop trail. I would rate it as an Easy/Moderate w/ bypasses. We have had mild KJ's on it in the past.

We will meet at the 247/15 at the Valero gas station at 0900.
    491 Armory Rd, Barstow, CA 92311

We will probably end up over at Slash X for a bite and possibly more exploring along the way.

Post up or PM if you can make it and I will get you more details.
    Oh and if you know Devils Loop, Bonus points for ya!
    John

Hey John,

That sounds like fun! I'm doing a local run near that area on Friday and this would be great for Saturday. If I'm on time I'll plan to see you in Barstow at 9:00am, If not I'll be at Slash X. Lets get LOST!

Mitch

Comment

I sure would like to do this but Easter is Sunday and we have a full house of family coming. Please keep me on the list for a future run.
      Gregg Turk
      West Oak Hills
      greggturk.com
      95 Jeep Cherokee, 69 Jeep CJ5

Comment

I would be interested in exploring that area a little bit more. But, it is Easter weekend and there is too much already planned - especially on Sunday!

I want to hit "Pumpkin Eater" in the near future. Is anyone up for that trail?
        Money pit!

Comment

Anyone else?

Looks like we have several rigs showing up including Quinn from All J's. Since he knows the trail well (He helped build/break the trail years ago) we won't get as lost as I had expected. :lol:

Those coming from the Mtns or Apple Valley/Lucerne can meet at Slash X as that is where we will meet up w/ Quinn and a few others from Big Bear.

Comment

John,

Thanks again for the invite, What a day! I met lots of new people and had such a good time. A thank you to Quinn (JP Products) for leading us today. Such a great variety of terrain, hill climbs, tight winding washes, rocks, sand, steep downhills... Lost Jeeps, you guys rock too! I'll post pictures after you start a "report" thread tonight.

Mitch

Comment

You shoulda seen what we did after you Left Mitch! IT got Fun! NIce hill climbs, ran Costly Canyon and had a good ol time!
              Great seeing and wheeling w/ you again! Hope to get some more MJR regulars out there next time.

If you want to start a trip report thread, that is fine by me, I have a lot of pics to sort through and probably won't get to them til tomorrow evening.

Comment

Working...
              X