Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: 2n17x to Pilot rock to Dishpan

Fred, Beau and me felt like doing some easy 4 wheeling today. So we ran 2n17x got to love that precious little climb then on to Pilot rock for some quick play and from there to lake arrowhead to run the Dishpan trail. The latter did not get damaged and eroded to bad this winter. All in all a great day on the trail

The big hill on the 2n17x trail

Play at Pilot rock

Waterfall on Dishpan

Last edited by aw12345; 04-06-09, 03:29 PM.

art.. thanks for the invite.. got caught up today with my dads bday.. looks like you guys had a blast
    [COLOR="Blue"]www.LEADFOOToffroad.com [/COLOR][COLOR="blue"][COLOR="Red"] COMING SOON!!![/COLOR][/COLOR]
    PARTS, SERVICE, INSTALLATION & CUSTOM FAB...

Comment

Rockin' day on the trail. I spent the day putting in a Teralow or I'd be whining about not getting an invite. Looks like you guys had a great run! Nice Report.
      [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
      Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
      [/COLOR]

Comment

Art, great report and pics.Need to get out to Dishpan...haven't been out there since they've opened it!

Comment

[COLOR="Sienna"]Looks like a GREAT day on the mountain. I've never done dishpan; must put on my to-do list before June.[/COLOR]
          [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
          Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

It would be nice to get the trail trio going again.
            Dishpan is a great warmup for Holcomb and John Bull.
            If we could get Holcomb open again it will make for a nice trail day to run all 3 in a row

Comment

It was definatly a fun day I was itchen to get back out on the trails after being down for over a month(like my new fenders & corners). Beautiful day perfect weather.

Comment

I lived in Lake Arrowhead in the late 70's and I used to run that area a lot. Thanks for reminding me what is right in my back yard.
                Gregg Turk
                West Oak Hills
                greggturk.com
                95 Jeep Cherokee, 69 Jeep CJ5

Comment

That sounds like a fun run.

How long did it take from the start of Pilot Rock to the end of Dishpan?

Comment

We ended at the waterplant at lake silverwood from there took the blacktop to Hook Creek road and ran Dishpan is far quicker than taking the fire road from the Pinacles I would say 20-25 minutes in between the 2

Comment

Originally posted by karstic View Post
                      That sounds like a fun run.

How long did it take from the start of Pilot Rock to the end of Dishpan?
                      We did the trails pretty quik. We started about 11:30 and were airing back up ~ 4:30 to 5 . That of course include some stopping and bsing in the middle and end of the runs. Personally I like these small group runs I heard that the idtt was a pita with so many people there. If you want to sit and wait just get on the 91 freeway lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeeperator View Post
                        We did the trails pretty quik. We started about 11:30 and were airing back up ~ 4:30 to 5 . That of course include some stopping and bsing in the middle and end of the runs. Personally I like these small group runs I heard that the idtt was a pita with so many people there. If you want to sit and wait just get on the 91 freeway lol.
                        I thought IDTT was great! Of course, we were the "renegade" group.
                        [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                        Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

I had a great time at IDTT, what Beau refers to is that often we do some trail runs with a small group where we just run the trail or trails without much delay and no waiting on other folks. Just get in git er done and cruise home. That way a 6 or 7 hour trail ride is just that trails and nothing else

Comment

Working...
                          X