Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Miller Jeep Trail - Reopening Run???

Last year around this time, the club out of Pt. Magu put on a run where we took the rangers thru Miller Jeep trail, did some trail maintainence, and got the trail reopened for the season. I wanted to see if there were any plans to do the same this season and would love to join in if possible. Anybody know if there's been any talk about doing this again?
    That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

well snow was around longer this year than last.
    Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

I'd imagine the snow on Miller is gone for the most part by now. Seems like opening the trails seems to have less to do with the conditions and more to do with getting the Rangers to get around to it.

Comment

Interested too. I was up there 2 weeks ago and ran up the road till we hit the closed and locked gate. It was actually snowing a bit that day on us while we played around the park.

Comment

Looks like there is still good amount of snow in the area. This is not a view of Frazier but it does seem to dictate the reopening. I believe all trails are stated to be closed till June 1 but the forrest supervisor may open the gates earlier. In the past they have done a very fair job of keeping the gates open if the conditions permit. They also seem to be pro OHV. Hopefully in the next month we can get up there I look forward to another trip over the hill!

http://www.frazmtn.com/pmcwebcam/pmc_mtpinos_1300.jpg
          How many little drips are in a quart?

Comment

Sounds good guys!! Joe if ya need a hand or a voice in getting Miller to open early let me know...Thanks
            "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Some friendly calls to the ranger station along with offers to help clean and repair any trail damage couldn't hurt. With Rowher still out of commission, we need to hurry up and get Miller open. It's such a great local trail when your just itchin' to get away for a day. I was hoping to hear from some of the Pt. Magu guys figuring they may have a inside contact after last years event and seeing that Miller is their club's adopted trail.

Comment

Would like to know when MJT opens. Last time was up there was during the Re-Con. Never got a chance to post any pics. But heres a link for a slideshow 2008 last year.
                Last few pics,camera shutter goofed up.

http://s283.photobucket.com/albums/k...view=slideshow

Anyways, post when you find out it opens. Plz.

Comment

Miler Recon

Hey Joe,
                  I'm up for the run!! I think we ran last May? not sure, but would be great if the USFS ok's the idea..

Comment

Ranger told us that it opens Memorial Day weekend.

Comment

If you guys ebd up running it on a Sunday I'm there.

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

Comment

A day late and a dollar short!

Damn somebody beat me to this thread. I am currently the liason for our club Point Mugu to the Los Padres National Forest. We like to open this trail a week prior to Memorial Day and we are just getting things together with the Ranger station.
                        We are also coordinating a tree Planting run to ferry vionteers to the burn areas later.
                        Will keep you guys posted.
                        2002 Grand Cherokee 4.7 V-8 3.5OME 5100 JK Rubi Rims

"Never argue with a fool they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Comment

Originally posted by New2image View Post
                          Damn somebody beat me to this thread. I am currently the liason for our club Point Mugu to the Los Padres National Forest. We like to open this trail a week prior to Memorial Day and we are just getting things together with the Ranger station.
                          We are also coordinating a tree Planting run to ferry vionteers to the burn areas later.
                          If I can, I would like to help out in LPNF, planting seedlings. Currently I've been up in the SBNF helping out.

Nevertheless... need to get out there, it's been a while!

Comment

is that the week-end of the 24-25 May ?
                            06 UNL RUBI 4.5 LA,KM 2-35's/ 4.88 BEADLOCKS/SKIDS/WINCH
                            07 AT CHASER TRAILER

Comment

Originally posted by New2image View Post

Hook it up, Rick!!! Really enjoyed going out there last year with the Point Magu crew. Sure was cool to see the Ranger open the gate for us! I'm more than willing to pitch in with planting, trail repair, etc, and I know I'm not alone here. Let's hurry up and get Miller open

Comment

Working...
                              X