Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Cleghorn & 2N17X - Sunday the 3/29th

For those unable to join the motley crew in Calico this weekend, I'm going to feed the need with a quick shot through Cleghorn, followed by 2N17X if time allows.

Departure from Trail Head at 11am (yeah, a relaxing, enjoy your morning start time).

CB 21, FRS 21, HAM 146.520

Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
    Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
    HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Well, had 10 trucks show up! Got a bit of a late start, and played leap frog with a group of nicely built Sami's. Weather was great. Sunny and 62 degrees all day long. The notch section of the tail was pretty nice, everything else was about the same as last fall. We got a completely stock 2008 JK 4 door Rubicon through the notch part without any issues or difficulties. I can see where this would be interesting if you took the wrong line, but as it was, we had no problems.

That last big hill after you cross the PCT (after Chicken Corner/Suicide Hill) has gotten more difficult. The rock pile in the middle is really hard, and so people are going to the left (hard, but not too bad, to the right (a bit tippy), or way to the right (piece of cake). This is getting kinda ugly. Trail work and some blockage is required. The top of the hill has a nice ledge thing going on, but we got all the vehicles through it just fine.

Generally, the trail has really been trashed, as in liter everywhere. I collected about 30 soda and beer cans, but there was lots more trash all about the place. Even found an old Bronco roof and a hood for something unrecognized (might have been the same Bronco) at about the halfway point just east of the high radio tower (where its goes down that slightly off camber deeply banked hill decent.

What group has adopted this trail? I'd like to organize a trail clean up. It's pretty heavily littered, and the season is young. Very sad.

But overall a good day.

TreadLightly Trainer
    HAM - KI6PFO

Comment

Okay, found this page: http://www.sbnfa.com/ohvadopt.php

Cleghorn is ATT by the Drifters 4x4 club. But I can't find them on the web. Anyone have a point of contact for that club?

TreadLightly Trainer
      HAM - KI6PFO

Comment

Originally posted by nwoods View Post
        Okay, found this page: http://www.sbnfa.com/ohvadopt.php

Cleghorn is ATT by the Drifters 4x4 club. But I can't find them on the web. Anyone have a point of contact for that club?
        If anybody knows that off the top of their heads, it would be either Old Fart, or FishPOET. If we don't get that info from somebody, there's a few of us here that can make a call to Greg (from the SBNF) and ask.
        If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
          If anybody knows that off the top of their heads, it would be either Old Fart, or FishPOET. If we don't get that info from somebody, there's a few of us here that can make a call to Greg (from the SBNF) and ask.

We would be interested in joining the "clean-up" when you schedule it. Post up and we are in!
          Regards,
          Randy

"An army of asses led by a lion is better than an army of lions led by an ass" George Washington

www.youtube.com/user/MyBrokenJeep

Comment

I'll pass the info on to the two clubs responsible for 2N17X (Victor Valley and So Cal Hummers).

If any of you have that page bookmarked (http://www.sbnfa.com/ohvadopt.php) you can go ahead and delete it as the link won't be alive much longer. AAT isn't part of SBNFA, and almost all of that info is VERY dated in any case.
            Jeff
            OHV76V
            KG6TY
            You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Working...
            X