Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Cleghorn afternoon run 3/28/09

well, y'all know Cleghorn. I think I'm done setting up my XJ for now, and need to try out clearances on the fenders again.
    Due to early am commitments I can't be out there until 1pm or so.
    A fair sized group of guys so far are coming along- a yj/jk and maybe a tj so far, plus some guys from san diego (couple stockers in that group). I've only run it completely myself a couple times and am not really comfortable leading it, although I'm happy to coordinate it and will do so (lead) if noone else steps forward.
    I know most of you are at calico this weekend, but anyone not able to make it out there, come join us (and hopefully take charge of the run) Sat 3/28 1pm.
    Channel 6

A lot, and I mean a WHOLE lot of the MJR folks are going to be at the Calico IDTT Run on 3/28. Cleghorn is close to the house, but I will be at the IDTT run as well, other wise, I would probably join you.

If you want to join in at Calico instead of this run, I'm sure that you can find the tests for the new set-up that you are looking for. If you can't join in, I hope that you have a great run. Cleg is always fun!
    [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
    Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
    [/COLOR]

Comment

oh I know.... seems the whole site's gonna be at Calico and I don't think I can make it there which sucks. I might be able to get there sunday if I knew where and when to meet someone for a run.

Comment

Are you familiar with the area? If so, we are setting up a camp in the canyon just before the Doran and Odessa Cyns split.

If you are around by 9am-ish, I'm sure that you will find some folks to go on a run with. It should not be hard to find us once you are in the proper canyon... there's a bunch of us.

[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Malachi View Post
          Are you familiar with the area? If so, we are setting up a camp in the canyon just before the Doran and Odessa Cyns split.

If you are around by 9am-ish, I'm sure that you will find some folks to go on a run with. It should not be hard to find us once you are in the proper canyon... there's a bunch of us.
          :sad: no. I've never run it. I only know my way around the fishing hole in Crystal Lakes.
          If my Sunday fishing plans fall thru and I can drag my butt outta bed in time I'll try to catch you guys at camp.

Comment

Well first of all, I hope that your Saturday run works out for you. Cleghorn is a good time.

If you don't go fishing, come on up and meet us at Calico on Sunday. To get there from the SGV, take the 210 east to the I-15 north. Less than 8 miles past Barstow, look for signs to the Calico Ghost Town. The exit is Ghost Town Rd. Turn Left (north) and follow the road past the Calico Ghost Town entrance. After the entrance, you will see the remnants of an old mill on the left. Keep looking on the left side for a four foot (or so) tall white wooden post. It will have Doran Scenic Dr. stenciled on it. Turn left onto the dirt road and follow the most traveled path until you find yourself in the MJR camp.

It's easy. I hope to see you there.

[/COLOR]

Comment

sounds good! I've been to calico a few times, so finding you guys shouldn't be too hard if I get out there.
              thanks again!

Comment

Working...
              X