Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Lytle Creek/Cajon Pass/Cleghorn

My niece Brittany is in town from Indiana. Collette & Camille had asked me earlier in the week to take them out on some trails on Sunday with Brittany. I tried talking them into meeting me at Red Rock State Park and I would have taken them on the So Cal 4x4 run. But they said it was too far. After looking at the morning pics on the Cajon Pass it was probably for the best anyway.

The plan was to meet in Norco at 9am and head out. I was working on the Jeep at 8am when the skies opened up and I called them and cancelled the outing.

They all showed up in Norco at noon.

The skies were clear and they begged to go. We headed out towards some dark skies.

We left pavement in Lytle Creek on 2N52. We took 2N53 over to 2N89 and stopped at Lost Lake.

We left Lost Lake and took Swartout Canyon Rd to Lone Pine Canyon Rd. We crossed 138 and checked out the Mormon Rock area.

From there we headed into the heart of Cajon Pass and the railfan hangout "Hill 582"

The girls asked what would happen if a train passed by while we were paralleling the tracks. A train did pass by and it turned out to be the shot of the day.

We headed for 3N22 and on up the mountain to 2N47.

A view of Silverwood Lake from 2N47

Back on pavement on the 138 and home at 5pm.

We never got any rain even though the dark clouds were coming and going. It was windy and a bit cold, but overall a great day in the forest.
    Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

You are right the train picture is an awesome shot

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
      You are right the train picture is an awesome shot
      x2. Very cool!
      Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
      Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
      HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

Nice report Doug. Looks like a nice quick trip...Oh yea. x3 on the pic of the train.
        Check out .

Comment

Doug,

Looks like another relaxing day in the outdoors. Lost Lake looks like it is covering well after the fires. And some of those trails that parallel the tracks can get real close to a passing train. That can be very unnerving especially when a train engine catches on fire! These trails are 15 minutes from home and I hit them often. And, Mr serious, for a guy who goes out so often and with pretty girls, you should be smiling and looking happy.

Thanks for sharing your adventure,

Mitch

Comment

The photo's were great. I must say the train shot was the best.

Comment

Gotta agree, I'd be a little jittery with that big'ol train flying by next to me!

Great pics Doug.

Comment

If I had cool camera like Doug, these would have been more clear. On the other hand after the first shot I was running from a shower of sparks and smoke! Doug I want to get on your "Trip List", you always take great trips.

Mitch

Comment

Doug,
                  Looks like a fun day.
                  And X(insert number) on that train shot.
                  I made it my desktop backround.:thumbs_up

Keep posting.

Scott

Comment

awesome pictures!

Comment

Working...
                    X