NO BS CAMPING AND WHEELING

Im going to try and make it to your event....MATT
    "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Comment

sweet your more than welcome
      Tired of all the BS

Comment

I have read your post more than a few times, and I am considering attending.....well, first I have to get a new tie-rod and possibly a new drag link. I bent them while having a good time at the IDTT.

Depends upon how the auto parts business treats me this week!
        Money pit!

Comment

Originally posted by pdw View Post
          I have read your post more than a few times, and I am considering attending.....well, first I have to get a new tie-rod and possibly a new drag link. I bent them while having a good time at the IDTT.

Depends upon how the auto parts business treats me this week!
          I have my stock ones you can have for free if you'd like.
          [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
          Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Thanks for the offer! But, I have been running a M.O.R.E. tie-rod that has 5/8" ends on it and the stock tie rod ends would simply rattle around.
            There is an Industrial Metal Supply location in Irvine that I am going to check out this morning to see what they have "laying around."
            I am going to use LeadFootJosh's idea and cut off the ends of my bent tie rod and sleeve/weld them into the I.D. of the new tie rod material. We'll see if the have what I need.
            Money pit!

Comment

I came home from IMS this afternoon with 5' of 1 7/16" O.D. DOM. The guy behind the counter didn't even know that he had in his inventory! It was laying on their cuts/shorts rack. So, for $48.00 I have the makings of a new tie rod!
              I'll post my project in the "tech section" when I start on it - - - tomorrow!

It looks like you will be having one more attendee!
              Money pit!

Comment

cool Im glad you found what you needed

Just a note about the event: We are still looking for some run leaders familiar with the area, our group is pretty small and it is looking like a pretty big turn out so if you have a trail you can lead feel free to contact me and we will discuss

dandmorrissette@yahoo.com
                Tired of all the BS

Comment

Does anyone have GPS or map info showing where Devils Loop trail is? They run it every year at the HDR event. Been a few years since I've been out there and my mental gps is rusty.

Comment

NO BS FEST Updated
                    When: may 2-3

where: Stoddard Valley we will be camping off of Outlet center drive in Barstow. Take I-15 North to Outlet Center Drive, make a right off the freeway and head to the OHV area. Take a right at the fence. Once on the dirt, we will have signs up to guide you in the rest of the way.

Who: everyone, this is a family event. Please remember to come prepared to camp in the open. There are a couple outhouse facilities and there is gas and food a couple miles down the road in case you need them. The area is very nice and picturesque

All runs will be basic for fun, any vehicle with 4 wheel drive can participate but some basic equipment will be required. (see the list http://nobscampingwheeling.proboards...hread=4&page=1 )

The basic Itinerary:

Saturday the 2nd
                    arrive and set up camp between 8-9 am
                    run leaving at 9:30am

There will be a group pot luck Saturday night around 6:30

Please sign up for the pot luck
                    possible night run depends on groups wishes

Sunday the 3rd
                    Breakfast
                    leave for run 9am
                    lunch around 12
                    break camp and go home
                    « Last Edit: Today at 8:18pm by Gerr »
                    Tired of all the BS

Comment

Originally posted by Gerr View Post
                      All runs will be basic for fun, any vehicle with 4 wheel drive can participate but some basic equipment will be required. (see the list http://nobscampingwheeling.proboards...hread=4&page=1 )
                      Hey Gerr,

The link above was broken, but I found it and thought I'd post it for others' convenience:

http://nobscampingwheeling.proboards...hread=4&page=1

I'm not sure yet, but may be able to make if for one day. I'll post if I can make it.

Thanks.

Christian
                      "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Comment

I'll be doing my best to get everyone Lost on Saturday on the Devils Loop and part of Achey Breaky trails. Looking forward to it!

Comment

I am currently negotiating with my wife the details of my parole.......I assume that this event is going ahead as planned?
                          Money pit!

Comment

Yes going as planned. I leave in 26 hours to setup camp
                            Tired of all the BS

Comment

Wife is out of town this weekend. I will try to be there with two kids, maybe tent camp overnight. Hope the wind cooperates! Mat

Comment

Working...
                              X