Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Discussion: Sunday Exploring

Instead of just sitting around today I met up with Dave (flatpoint), and friends Josh and Becky, and I'm sorry that I forgot the other. We went out to shoot and bust clays for a couple of hours and enjoy the
    70' awesome weather. This is the time of year that it is hotter down the hill in the city than up here in the high desert. Becky just got a great bow for her birthday so that was a big attraction for everyone. Then while Josh was shooting it he did the ultimate trick and from 60 feet stuck a arrow into another! After we cleaned up the area Dave and I went to see a couple of mines that I had not priviously seen. We explored old narrow mining trails and enjoyed our public lands like they should be enjoyed!. Searching for a way to another trail that we saw, With the voices of Max, Kurt, Mike, Chuck, Brian......in the back of my mind saying it's only a wash with some rocks and waterfalls, you should be fine. So I hoped right in and bumped and banged my way along till the last set of drops and then got stuck and high-centered. The rock was 2 foot high and 5 foot wide and I dropped right down on it and locked up. After the "Axle" incident on the Hairy Crack I gave up quickly without any breakage. Dave and I just about fought each other to see who could use their VIRGIN winches first. But with the fact that Dave is the only person I know that has a Hydraulic winch, I let him have a crack at it. I laughed when he got in position and shut off the engine, only to remember it needs to run while winching. Sorry Dave! I had to mention it. After blocking a couple of tires and weighing down the cable, he easily pulled me right out. Thanks Dave. After we got doing again there was one more mine that Dave showed me that I had somehow missed on passed trips. Such a perfect day again. I need to get a quick look at the Jeep cause tomorrow is Cleghorn with MR Bash! Come on day #4.

Thanks Dave for the tug and the great day!

**A side note for all.... We are changing seasons soon and please watch where you put your hands when stacking rocks! I turned over a small rock and nearly had some 1 inch long scorpions in my hand. I usually am very careful but this was a lucky reminder.

Mitch

While hiking around the shooting area we found Mr. Chuckwalla sunning himself on a rock.

Dave trying Becky's bow (I sling Poo! I've heard that before)

Josh the bow master splitting arrows / Most impressive!

Old mining trail

This one goes down at a 30 degree angle

Dave likes it when he makes me get tippy!

I see a trail

High centered and stuck / Dave on the recovery

Free again

In honor of Kurt / The from the bottom shot!

The last mine for the day

Dave films the soon to be stuck great88!

Last edited by Mitch; 03-01-09, 08:44 PM.

Yeah that road looks gnarly. off camber like a mofo huh???
    Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

I think it wasn't so bad with a mule as it is with a Jeep. some of these areas we mined from the 1880's. The is some cool historical stuff out here.

Mitch

Comment

I bet that if you had a front locker, you would have been able to crawl out of that spot! :wink:
        [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
        Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
        [/COLOR]

Comment

A Couple more videos.

Mr Dave after the my winching
          Last edited by Mitch; 03-01-09, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Mike,

You know that if I had a job I'd have a front locker and then I'd get some beefy axle and then..........well you know! Thats why I have good friends like you guys.

mitch

Comment

What Mitch is failing to mention is that he tried to use his winch.....but due to his bumping of his "gangsta rap" all day, his battery was weak.....when trying to winch out, he smoked his winch, and killed his battery, and the high pitched sound of a pathetic, weak elec. winch drew in an angry swarm of wasps! So I hydro'd Mitch out, and threw the H 9000 into high gear, (2 speed winch!) and "bump started" him!(with his auto trannie) Pretty much saved the day....you are VERY welcome Mitch!
              :cactus::cactus:+:beer:=:poop:...:hide:

Comment

Dave,

Next time I'll play the "Pet Shop Boys" just for you. It will go good with the sound of your whineing steering pump that was trying to power you hydraulic winch. Oh by the way, did you climb through the rocks? Kinda rough down there with all the rocks and bushes and stuff. Haaaaaa............... Thanks again Bro!

Mitch

Comment

I love the fact that Mitch has kept to his original guns and still uses his Jeep as a means to explore and uncover the beauty that lies around us all...........but I am most especially pleased that he is not afraid to charge forward and drive the dang thing like a jeep.

If it gets stuck..........free it!

If it breaks.............fix it!

It's a Jeep.........Get Over It!
                  Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Mitch, Your and animal! You gotta take me out there again!

Dave, Mitch showed me your camp spot up there on the hill near the 1 Ton Mine the last time we were out there so, I hope you don't mind if I barrow it sometime! I'll keep it nice... Promise!!!

Scott
                    "I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

Comment

Scott,

We can hit that area anytime. So close and easy to get to. I've done dozens of trips out there and still see something new each time. There are still several things I want to check out plus more that I'm tracking down. A couple of hours goes along way there.

Mitch

Comment

hey that looks like alot of fun. Hope to be able to join you on one of those runs one day. I'll bring my tow hooks

Comment

Working...
                        X