Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Garlock/Bickle/Schmidt

Scott (dezertdog) and I (great88) are planning a rockhounding/exploring trip to the El paso Mountains on Saturday March 14th (my B-day!). We are looking to explore the following areas, Garlock, Burro Schmidt Tunnel, Bickle Camp, Sheep Spring petroglyhs, and back to Garlock. This is going to be a slow pace with a bunch of stops. We both would like someone who has been in the area and would like to poke around with us. A small group (maybe up to 3 more vehicles) would work great. From Garlock we are planning to go up Mesquite Canyon and return through Sheep springs to Garlock via Iron Canyon. Any input would be appreciated. We will plan on leaving Victorville by 6:00am, eatting on the way, and hit Garlock around 9:00am

Mitch

Heck yeah.....

......Kris said she wants to go, we gonna try and plan to make it......
    John & Kristi

Comment

John,

I'll put you guys on the list. Look forward to seeing your other (better) half. I'll be in touch with the actual route.

Mitch

Comment

John,

I'll keep you posted, If you want to meet up here on the 15 Fwy let me know. We will probly leave Victorville area by 6:00am and have breakfast on the way. We have a couple of others that we will meet there. I'll give you guy's a call in a few days.

Mitch

Comment

Sweet I go out that way all the time. I have a load claim just above Garlock with 2 tunnels and a few shafts some of witch I have not been up to see yet.
          If you bring a pan you can pan some stuff from the mine.
          I know the trails and some cool spots and history of the routs you speak of. mine info indian sites
          geodes cabins just to name a few.
          If you all still have room for me I would love to
          go and see the sites.

Cheers, John
          74.fj55,74 fj40, 90 monty v6 shorty

Comment

John,

Perfect! I sent you a PM.

Mitch

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
              John,

Perfect! I sent you a PM.

Mitch
              Got it. very good sir. I will be going up on Friday so I will see you all up their.
              74.fj55,74 fj40, 90 monty v6 shorty

Comment

We still on???

Looks like we'll leave Huntington Beach 'bout the same time you leave up there and we'll meet in Garlock. The route up the 14 looks to be shorter, unless you have another suggestion.....
                John & Kristi

Comment

John,

That should be fine. We are planning to be in Garlock at 9:00am.
                  I give you a call today and we can talk further.

Mitch

Comment

John (calico kid),

Give me a call tomorrow so we can discuss the spots that we want to see and get things confirmed. Looking forward to seeing you there on Saturday.

Mitch

Comment

dang it.. I so want to go... but the jeep is down

gettin its axles stuffed.. LOL
                      [COLOR="Blue"]www.LEADFOOToffroad.com [/COLOR][COLOR="blue"][COLOR="Red"] COMING SOON!!![/COLOR][/COLOR]
                      PARTS, SERVICE, INSTALLATION & CUSTOM FAB...

Comment

Josh,

You need to be nice to your Jeep! Be gentle. at first.....

mitch

Comment

Josh,

You need to be nice to your Jeep! Be gentle. at first.....

mitch
                          always nice to it.. I treat it just how she wants it.. thats why i am stuffing the axles with some of these

and those things that make both tires turn when ones in the air.. lol
                          [COLOR="Blue"]www.LEADFOOToffroad.com [/COLOR][COLOR="blue"][COLOR="Red"] COMING SOON!!![/COLOR][/COLOR]
                          PARTS, SERVICE, INSTALLATION & CUSTOM FAB...

Comment

Scott (dezertdog) and I (great88) are planning a rockhounding/exploring trip to the El paso Mountains on Saturday March 14th (my B-day!). We are looking to explore the following areas, Garlock, Burro Schmidt Tunnel, Bickle Camp, Sheep Spring petroglyhs, and back to Garlock. This is going to be a slow pace with a bunch of stops. We both would like someone who has been in the area and would like to poke around with us. A small group (maybe up to 3 more vehicles) would work great. From Garlock we are planning to go up Mesquite Canyon and return through Sheep springs to Garlock via Iron Canyon. Any input would be appreciated. We will plan on leaving Victorville by 6:00am, eatting on the way, and hit Garlock around 9:00am

Mitch
                            If you don't have one, stop by the Jawbone store and get a Friends of Jawbone map. New one just came out a week or two ago. Has all of the trail updates, sites, and gps coords.I love this area, was just running through there this weekend.

Comment

Thanks Duane,

I'll pick one up. Can't have too many maps or trail guides.

Mitch

Comment

Working...
                              X