Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So is anyone going for sure?

If not, I'm thinking of going crazy sitting at home watching re-runs! UGH.
    Last edited by JJsKJ; 02-25-09, 11:44 AM. Reason: change of plans

Comment

I was supposed to be going there this Saturday with some Land Rover guys, but my wife pulled my card.

One of the scenic trips is Mule Canyon, and if you take it all the way back, it takes you to Bismark mine which is a fun area to explore.
      Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
      Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
      HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

Originally posted by HotRodOil.com View Post
        This trip I wanted to run up Doran and Down Odessa.

While I would like to run the harder stuff since I have not in a while, IF we can get a few that want to run an easier route, I have one in mind. I would call it Moderate but don't let that scare you. While Calico is feared because of the Gatekeeper at the end of Odessa, it is not an obstacle that you have to run or that we will run (unless someone wants to do it on their own while the rest of us oooh and ahh..)

As for teh easier run, I honestly don't have names for the trail sections but it is fun and very doable in a high clearance suv/Jeep. we have had newbs on it and they enjoyed it very much, just the right mix of difficulty and scenery.
        Looks I will be out there this weekend with some friends. One just bought a XJ and would be interested in an easy run. We'll be out there Sat and Sun. Staying in the ghost town.
        Check out .

Comment

Nathan,

Smart woman, save your $$ for the Mojave Trail Run.
          SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
          MJR moderator
          MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
          Jeep Patrol Leader
          Reforestation Supervisor
          Licensed Ham - n6ujm
          Eagle Scout

Comment

well it looks like I have a friend from Vegas coming in and we are gonna run the harder sections and just cruise around seeing the sights in between (trying to get LOST) same meeting time and spot, so if anyone wants to tag along they are welcome.

Comment

Thanks guys! Apparently some MJR folks saved the day for the Land Rover group that went. They are very appreciative.

TreadLightly Trainer
              HAM - KI6PFO

Comment

where da pics?

are they still out there?
                Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Originally posted by Tomb Raider 940 View Post
                  where da pics?

are they still out there?
                  One of them was left there last night, but the rest came back for a club meeting we had this morning. So they haven't had a chance to post much by way of photos.

TreadLightly Trainer
                  HAM - KI6PFO

Comment

that would be our own Dirtman aka chuck to the rescue his ready welder save the day and was again needed to save the day today
                    [COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by nwoods View Post
                      Thanks guys! Apparently some MJR folks saved the day for the Land Rover group that went. They are very appreciative.

Yeah, the guy that needed the repair to his broken TRE came about a foot from colliding w/ me on the way down the trail.

We saw that they had it under control so we continued on our way. It was a great day out there for sure.
                      pics:

Album: http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a45...co%20Feb%2009/

Comment

Originally posted by nwoods View Post
                        One of them was left there last night, but the rest came back for a club meeting we had this morning. So they haven't had a chance to post much by way of photos.
                        Nathan, I got a few pics and a story that I'll post in another thread later. Saturday was quite the day for those guys. Nice guys though. I am thinking about getting one of those Land Rover Recovery stickers.
                        Check out .

Comment

Working...
                        X