Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
    This is a really good event and I'm proud to be part of it. It was suprising to see the diversity of people that showed up, and really suprising to see how hard everyone worked. No slackin going on here (except for me) :thumbs_up
    Met some really cool people, found out that we can stand toe to toe with surfers, REI'ers, students, teachers and just about anyone else you can imagine and all see eye to eye on a single topic. I heard, more than once, what a suprise it was to see all the off roaders turn out to help. Having said that, we need more. Come on everyone, I keep reading threads herre on MJR about how much we all care. Come put your money where your keyboards are. It's a good day in the mountains with a bunch of friends and afterward, a trail run or a visit to the Cantina. Come on up! Check the threads for the next dates and times. And thanks in advance.
    Kurt
    Kurt,

I'm really hoping to get up one of the next couple of weekends. I'll be driving the car, so the after-party can't be a trail run, it'll have to be the Cantina! I'll talk to the wife about going up.

Also, can friends (non MJR) come along? I'd think yes, but want to make sure!
    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
      Kurt,

I'm really hoping to get up one of the next couple of weekends. I'll be driving the car, so the after-party can't be a trail run, it'll have to be the Cantina! I'll talk to the wife about going up.

I don't think TreePeople will turn away volunteers. I know we wouldn't!
      [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
      [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
      http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

I will probably be going up one day this weekend. Leaning toward Saturday right now. Depends on the weather.

3-21 I'll be in Ridgecrest and 3-28 in Calico. I need to work on the heep at some point as well before Calico.
        Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
          Kurt,

[COLOR="Sienna"]As far as who can come along...anyone at all. But please ensure you sign up on the Forest Aid website so they will know how many people will be coming out. It helps to know how many trees to thaw, how much equipment is needed...etc.

Pomegranate Margaritas....

I'm finished until April. Work schedule does not permit any more Forest Aid for me until next month. However, in April, I'm hoping to be out there every weekend...with a trail run afterward I hope. I've NEVER done Dishpan or "all" of John Bull. Anyone wanna drag me over those trails?[/COLOR]
          [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
          Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Nice article about the tree planting last weekend.
            http://www.pe.com/localnews/inland/s...8.47c4186.html
            Check out .

Comment

Not that it would have made the paper anyway.....I totally spaced out when the reporter was with our group in not mentioning the fact that we were with MJR and the offroad community.
              Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

Nick,

I'll drag you up John Bull anytime! It will be a trade for the Dale Mining area trip your going to lead me on.

Mitch

Comment

Originally posted by FishPOET View Post
                  Not that it would have made the paper anyway.....I totally spaced out when the reporter was with our group in not mentioning the fact that we were with MJR and the offroad community.
                  We were in the second group picked up from the high school so we missed the reporter. Would have been nice to have seen a mention about the off road community helping out.
                  Check out .

Comment

Saturday 3-14 is out for me. I will be doing some trail work at San Jac. I just signed up for ForestAid for Sunday 3-15.

Comment

I'm out until April...but plan to do a LOT of volunteering that month.
                      [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                      Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by USMC 0369 View Post
                        I'm out until April...but plan to do a LOT of volunteering that month.
                        David finally got some help! I'm sure you all received a post from Kimberley Miner. Anyway, I e-mailed her regarding supervising during the week.

She shot a post right back and was thrilled I was able to volunteer during the week. I'm now scheduled to work April 22, 23, 24, & 30. By the way, the 24th is National Arbor Day.
                        SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                        MJR moderator
                        MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                        Jeep Patrol Leader
                        Reforestation Supervisor
                        Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                        Eagle Scout

Comment

It is great to see folks having such an interested here. I went on the Holcomb Creek work day back late last year with a bunch of you folks and it was a great experience. I also went to the supervisor training and have been up twice in March. I wrote to Kimberly and David about going up this Saturday the 4th and hope to be asked to go up and help.

It is a great way to spend the day and there is plenty of time after to go enjoy a trail or just chill in the mountains.

You MyJeep rocks folks really get involved and that is great to see.

Comment

Roger,

I'll go with you if you take truck and have room for me. Please let me know.

Mitch

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Hoffman
                              Sunday April 5. Earth Day tree planting details: All Adopt-a-Trail Clubs, OHV Volunteers
                              and family members are invited to come out and plant some trees!

On Sundays we have volunteers meet at the Lake Arrowhead Elementary School.
                              We open registration at 8:45AM and start shuttling volunteers from the
                              parking lot to the Forest Aid planitng site at around 9:00AM.

Lake Arrowhead Elementary School
                              1300 Golden Rule
                              Lake Arrowhead
                              Ca. 92352

I hope to see ya there!

Greg Hoffman
                              OHV Manager
                              OHV Volunteer/Adopt-a-trail Programs
                              Tel-(909) 382-2811
                              Cell-(909) 615-0475
                              Fax-(909) 866-2867
                              Tracy and I will be planting trees on Sunday April 5.

Comment

Originally posted by FishPOET View Post
                                Tracy and I will be planting trees on Sunday April 5.
                                Tiffany and I will be there for Sunday the 5th also. How does registration work? Is the post on here (which is now closed) only for MJR's knowledge? Do I need to sign up with tree people, or was that for supervisor training only?
                                If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Working...
                                X