Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Discussion: Another Fry Mountain Mine

I got a call this morning from Roger, and he wanted to get out of the house and go Jeeping. He said anywhere is fine, lets just go. So I took the lead in search of another mine that I had only recently seen a picture of. With prior checking of my topo's and Google Earth it was an easy trip. We found the mines and parked up the hill and did some hiking. We found 2tunnels but did not explore the top of the hill which might have another tunnel amongst the tailings. As always, more to explore next time. These tunnels looked old and even though they were solid rock there was a lot of rock and debris on the floor. This is usally a warning sign for an unstable ceiling. Both tunnels were lined with timbers through out. Roger was smart and stayed outside while I had to do a quick explore inside and do some picture taking. I went in 50 feet in both tunnels and they continued on and on. Amazing to keep finding more and more in this same area. Thanks again Roger for the call to get out of the house.

A thank you to Mike Koler for this info.

Mitch

South/East end of the Fry Mountains

Mine #1

Mine#2

Scouting around

A little climb

The bird dogs of Lucerne
    Last edited by Mitch; 02-20-09, 07:36 PM.

Monday........go jeepin

Tuesday........jeepin with some other friends

Wednesday.........let's go looking for mines

Thursday.......he my buddy has nothing to do, so let's go jeepin & mine exploring & shooting

Friday.........let's run Max's Hairy Crack

Saturday..........let's explore Lucerne Valley and then go to Cougar Buttes for a late afternoon rock-a-thon

Sunday.........heck even the LORD had to rest on Sunday Mitch.

I am soooo jealous. Hope to see many of you tomorrow in the JV area.
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Beautiful post Brian. I'm laughing out loud!

It was great to get out yesterday. One of the very cool things about living in the high desert, spur of the moment runs are possible. Since we live here, there are runs within a few minutes of home, no long trips to get to a trail head.

(This post was sponsered by the Victor Valley Board of Realtors)
      SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
      MJR moderator
      MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
      Jeep Patrol Leader
      Reforestation Supervisor
      Licensed Ham - n6ujm
      Eagle Scout

Comment

[COLOR="Blue"]Looks Like you found the mine Mitch, cool.[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
        X