Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: More Desert Exploring

It seems that I just can't sit home sometimes. I called Dave and we met this morning @ 9:00am to do some more exploring in the Ord's. We headed out to some familar spots, but as usual we continue to find more trails, more mine tunnels, and more excellent hiking spots. Dave brought his friend Margaret, who explored the tunnels right there side by side with us. They both had their dogs which seemed to have a ball exploring and snifing around. The dogs were leashed around one spot that had a verticle shaft but everything else was flat and safe. We traveled from spot to spot and as it always seems we found a lot to return to and explore further. We continue to see more mines marked and cataloged for future destruction. So if you have any interest to see these historical sites get out and do it soon.

Mitch

Drive up mine

Ore cart track / I want this for the house!

Gold mine

Bat sleeping in a drill hole in the mine tunnel

"Bubbles" guarding the mine entrance

Miners cabin

These cables once held 55 gallon ore buckets that ran down from a verticle shaft at the top of the hill

Last edited by Mitch; 02-15-09, 08:33 PM.

Great time, Mitch......got any video? Margaret really enjoyed the whole mine/Jeeping thing, I think she is "hooked"......anyway, thanks Mitch!
    :cactus::cactus:+:beer:=:poop:...:hide:

Comment

Dave,

Here's some of the video's. I hope you have the right spelling cause I edited my post. I thought the "Bat" was very cool, it shows why you look close at everything that you pass.

Tunnel exploring and "the bat in the drill hole"

Last edited by Mitch; 02-15-09, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Man I envy the your ability to do desert wheeling in your back yard.
        "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Ben Franklin

Comment

Hey Mitch,

It looks like you guys had a lot of fun out there! Wish I didn't have to work Sunday's!!:sad:

That last vid looks like you got a little sideways in the ditch there!
          "I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

Comment

Working...
          X