Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Cakewalk

Just got an e-mail from Mike Koher.

I've noticed that alot of MJR guys have been doing the bullfrog. Can you invite a few "lead" type guys from your group to do the Cakewalk this Sat. That way there will be a few that will get the new route down,and can lead a group in the future. The trail has changed quite a bit.
    MK.

I will be there to do the new Cakewalk.
    IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Curtis,

Saturday is the MJR "Meet and Greet" in Apple Valley at
    11:00am. We were planning on heading out that way after, but that will probly be after 1:00pm. I'm sure that there are several that would like to get to run with Mike on Cakewalk, but this is an annual thing for us and hopefully most all can attend the meet first. Curtis, this is just my comments and not giving direction to anyone who wants to do something else. I was hoping to see you there, but I'll probly see you on the trail.

Mitch

Mitch

Comment

curtis once i get barney back together , i'll hook up with mike and run it again and try to remember the run or i'll GPS it , i dont mind leading once in a while since i'll have some free time coming in the near future and take a load off him unless he doesnt mind doing all the runs .....

Comment

Mitch, I was planning on going to the Meet and Greet. But I think It's best I learn the new Cakewalk for the future.
        Curtis.
        IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

That or have a training run for some future trail leaders on another date. I'd be interested.

Mitch

Comment

I was out there today and quite a few of the markers have been moved or changed since the last time we were up there.

Also, the Spire Loop is realy tough!
            http://www.savvyoffroad.com

Comment

Originally posted by provelogear View Post
              I was out there today and quite a few of the markers have been moved or changed since the last time we were up there.

Also, the Spire Loop is realy tough!
              [COLOR="Blue"]I guess I got on the forum somehow
              What was tough on the spire loop? I haven't run it yet.
              BTW the trail has totally changed from the first layout. I decided to make two trails out of the Cakewalk: Cakewalk 1, and Cakewalk 2. #1 is the original and the easier, #2 is considerably more difficult. #2 starts 10 steps to the right of the Bullfrog trailhead.
              We'll be starting the trail around 10:00am, so I'm sure we'll cross paths sometime during the day. I'm expecting a large group, so if you start at 1:00 the last guy in our group will probably just be finishing the first obstacle LOL. At any rate I'm sure everyone will have a great day.
              Mike Koher[/COLOR]

Comment

One section is a quick up and down with a large rock at the bottom that makes a left turn. The other is a crevasse that is off chamber with very little room to manenver. Lots of full articulation. The down hill section with drop offs is interesteing. I'm on 37s and it was tough.

Comment

Mike,

Thanks again for all of your time and effort on these trails. For me, Bullfrog has all the adventure that I need. Hope to see you out there soon.

Mitch

Comment

Originally posted by provelogear View Post
                    One section is a quick up and down with a large rock at the bottom that makes a left turn. The other is a crevasse that is off chamber with very little room to manenver. Lots of full articulation. The down hill section with drop offs is interesteing. I'm on 37s and it was tough.

[COLOR="Blue"]So how did the down hill section work? Was it tippy anywhere,I was thinking of calling it "deathrow".
                    I'm not sure of the location of the first obstacle you mentioned.

You must have missed the "V" notch.[/COLOR]

Comment

I did missed the V-notch! The down hill section was fun for me. You can go two ways and chose to go to the right at the bottom. It seemed like fun at the time. It was getting dark so after the downhill section I heading back to camp. We were solo Jeep so I had to be a little careful.

I really had fun on the loop and look forward to doing the rest. Good work!

Comment

Working...
                      X