Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Bullfrog

Headed out today for a Bullfrog run at Cougar Buttes. I met Kevin & Christy
    (1 Bad F N Z Toyota Landcruiser) and Carlos & Cody in the Cherokee in Hesperia and headed for Lucerne. We also met up with Fred (flatout) at Cougar Buttes. Nobody else showed up so we hit the trail after airing down. The weather was cool with the wind but not a sprinkle and awesome clear views. We ran into the "Project JK" folks and tried to stay ahead of them. Lots of big dollars on those rigs (and way too careful for us). As usual Kevin looked for the hardest line or made his own. Fred made everything seem way too easy. Carlos was the lest equiped so I felt very comfy following him and looking for a harder line, that most of the time worked.
    All in all a great day, some scrapes but no breakage. This has become one of my favorite trails! Thanks to those that showed up, see you all soon.

A special thanks to Christy for the photo's. I posted pic's from both of our cameras.

The Bullfrog

Yeah this is the trail

Carlos

Kevin

Follow Kevin

Fred

Mitch

Jeep Eater No by-passes today!!!!!!

Last edited by Mitch; 02-09-09, 11:47 AM.

Cool pics!!
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Hey Mitch thanks for posting the pictures. Happy that you twisted my arm, and forced me to go today. Really like the pictures of you coming down Jeep Eater, and the one with your front end staring at the sky. All in all enjoyed running with you and Fred. I think Carlos is fairly satisfied with the Cherokee that he and I put together. See you later, Kevin.

Comment

Wow, that place looks awesome! I will definitely have to go there sometime!!

Greg

Comment

WOW! This looks like a great trail.
          Great pix

Scott

Comment

Great pics Mitch. Sorry I couldn't make it.
            Check out .

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
              Great pics Mitch. Sorry I couldn't make it.
              what happen to your clutch, tranny? Wished you could of made it, Kevin.

Comment

Had a great day. Great to meet you Kevin and Carlos.
                All we got to do is keep pushing you Mitch and you will do all of it. Cakewalk next. Later Fred
                You can make it

Comment

What a great trail!

Chuck,
                  I hope you get the transmission thing handled. Keep me posted. We needed some wheel in the air stuff out there yesterday, like only you can do!!!!!

Mitch

Comment

Beautiful pictures! That trail is on my list! Next time!
                    Money pit!

Comment

That trail looks like a bunch of fun!

Glad you shared the pictures

Tam
                      2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                      Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Originally posted by 1 Bad F N Z View Post
                        what happen to your clutch, tranny? Wished you could of made it, Kevin.
                        I was on my way and the trans started to slip. I didn't want to get stuck that far away or delay you guys so I turned around. There always seems to be something that keeps me from this trail. I hope it's not a sign. :dunno:
                        Check out .

Comment

I saw you guys headed out at Bear Valley RD & Navajo and was wishin I was going too! I had just got back into town and had to take the U-Haul back! Look's like you all had a blast!

See ya, Scott
                          "I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
                            I was on my way and the trans started to slip. I didn't want to get stuck that far away or delay you guys so I turned around. There always seems to be something that keeps me from this trail. I hope it's not a sign. :dunno:
                            hopefully its not like rattlesnake
                            [COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Comment

Sure is getting more obvious where the trail is....starting to get that Moab tire track thing on the rocks. Nice.

Comment

Working...
                              X