This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Rubicon Trail 17-19 July 2009

I am posting this so people can start planning. I will be leading a group over the Rubicon trail (again). This run is an annual thing that we do at MJR. It started back in 2003. We will be leaving Loon Lake around 0800 on Friday the 17th and going all the way to Rubicon Springs (this should take 8-10 hours). We will camp Friday night at the Springs and then spend Saturday doing what ever you want, wheel, swim, drink beer, it doesn't matter. Camp Saturday night at the Springs again and then head up Cadillac Hill Sunday morning and head home. Last year we had 6 rigs. Every year has been a great time.

Vehicle requirement.

No Stock Rigs (except Rubicon)

At least one locker.

Tire will be your choice.

Good body protection.

Spare Parts.

Remember you don't want to be that guy that is constantly holding everyone up because your rig is not capable of doing this trail. If we think your rig is not ready, you will be turned away. Once on the trail it is a lot of work to drag someone off. (If you do break, we will get you off the trail. No one is left behind).

Roll Call
    Last edited by sarah; 02-02-09, 05:19 PM.
    1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Eric and I will be there
    That's a BIG rock!

Comment

Great.

Comment

I'd like to go. I should be able to make it on that date. Let me know what you think....

Comment

I am going to try really hard to be in on this. Rig is set, just need to collect my spare parts and budget the vacation schedule. I need rear D44 axles....anyone?
          Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
          Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
          HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

pencil me in Al.
            i am going to do my best to make this trip.
            >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
            ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

This trip should be a blast. Look forward to it eric.

Comment

Cool, I checked and the Jeep Jamboree is almost exactly 1 month later, so the trail should be nice and hard :-)

TreadLightly Trainer
                HAM - KI6PFO

Comment

Never been there- want to go-

Put Team Hundy down as a 'maybe' for now.

Sounds like fun!

It would be nice to have someone like Al that knows the area for our first trip there, too.

Comment

Just an FYI. There's an FOTR work weekend during that same time.

I'm not sure of what and where the projects are yet though.

Maybe we'll see you out there!
                    Stacie Albright
                    Life Member BlueRibbon Coalition

Comment

We are a definite MAYBE for this run. We have wanted to run this forever...

We have considered doing the Jeepers Jamboree run... Anyone have any thoughts or experiences with the Jamboree?
                      Regards,
                      Randy

"An army of asses led by a lion is better than an army of lions led by an ass" George Washington

www.youtube.com/user/MyBrokenJeep

Comment

Originally posted by LadyRed View Post
                        Just an FYI. There's an FOTR work weekend during that same time.

I'm not sure of what and where the projects are yet though.

Maybe we'll see you out there!
                        We did this run last year at the same time and it was also a work weekend. It shouldn't cause a problem.

Comment

I am a maybe.
                          Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Roll call posted in first thread. I'm not sure if we will make it or not yet, we haven't made this year's vacation plans yet. Thanks Al for setting up this trip again, you rock!
                            :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by mybrokenjeep View Post
                              We have considered doing the Jeepers Jamboree run... Anyone have any thoughts or experiences with the Jamboree?
                              I've talked to a lot of people about the Jamboree's, and you will find most people have a very polaring viewpoint about them.

Rather than guessing if it's something that's right for you, I will just tell you what I have learned about them that seems univerally agreed on:

1. Food is pretty good.
                              2. Pace on the trail is very slow
                              3. Communications with the organizers on the trail are hit or miss, which causes some "less independant" people anxiety.
                              4. The Jamboree people are incredibly well prepared, with professional (as in paid) rock stackers and spotters along the trail.
                              5. They have parts depot's ready to go, and helicopters ready for parts delivery along the trail, and medical evac.
                              6. They have portapotties flown in at stragetic points along the trail.
                              7. Prior to the event, they do a lot of trail work to even out some of the harder, riskier portions of the trail to minimize damage to the participants and keep things moving.
                              8. The easist time to run the trail on your own is right after the Jamborree, becuase every obstacle is paved with stacked rocks.
                              9. Raffle is huge, but takes a long time to get through.

For me, there is some degree of appeal in having "everything" taken care of for us if I bring the family, but personsally, I would far rather have a more raw and intimate experience rather than a huge gathering of moderately skilled and less than prepared individuals.

I would prefer to go out with a group where I am the least qualified and prepared :-)

TreadLightly Trainer
                              HAM - KI6PFO

Comment

Working...
                              X