Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah,Roger I was there.I was sitting in the back with my Steelers hat on. I didn't have the stones to speak myself,not really much of a "Public speaker".This was my 1'st meeting like this and I learned a lot.Like what Desert Jewel and Great88 said we have so much to loose,and nothing to gain.Started my 3rd comment sheet for mailing in the AM.Thank you all for reminding me how much fun 4 wheeling is.
    Dennis and Tammy
    Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

Originally posted by GP4Play View Post
      Yeah,Roger I was there.I was sitting in the back with my Steelers hat on. I didn't have the stones to speak myself,not really much of a "Public speaker".This was my 1'st meeting like this and I learned a lot.Like what Desert Jewel and Great88 said we have so much to loose,and nothing to gain.Started my 3rd comment sheet for mailing in the AM.Thank you all for reminding me how much fun 4 wheeling is.
      I wish you would have met up with us after the meeting as we were all milling around. See ya at the up coming Meet 'n' Greet?

Roger
      SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
      MJR moderator
      MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
      Jeep Patrol Leader
      Reforestation Supervisor
      Licensed Ham - n6ujm
      Eagle Scout

Comment

Talk with the Colonel after the meeting

I talked with the Maine colonel after the meeting to get a clarification on the statement made that the large scale training requiring the extra land would only be held twice a year.

I asked him about mobilizing in JV without taking it over completely, but rather joint use. I told him that when they mobilize in other countries, they have to deal with the local population and why couldn't they have the same scenario in JV? I suggested that maybe they could recruit an off road group (like MJR) to assist them in keeping people away from their staging area. Set up a safety perimiter. He seemed interested in that idea, but who knows?

Could the off road community give up Anderson Dry lake for 2 weekends a year? Or some similar location in JV?
        SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
        MJR moderator
        MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
        Jeep Patrol Leader
        Reforestation Supervisor
        Licensed Ham - n6ujm
        Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
          I talked with the Maine colonel after the meeting to get a clarification on the statement made that the large scale training requiring the extra land would only be held twice a year.

I asked him about mobilizing in JV without taking it over completely, but rather joint use. I told him that when they mobilize in other countries, they have to deal with the local population and why couldn't they have the same scenario in JV? I suggested that maybe they could recruit an off road group (like MJR) to assist them in keeping people away from their staging area. Set up a safety perimiter. He seemed interested in that idea, but who knows?

Could the off road community give up Anderson Dry lake for 2 weekends a year? Or some similar location in JV?
          IIRC, that option was discussed and immediately dismissed because of the possibility of there being unexploded ordinance that we may encounter.

I think whatever agreement that could be arrived at would be instantly forfeited after the first live fire exercise and we'd lose access purely from a safety standpoint.

I view it as akin to asking them if we could zip around over on the dry lakebed that borders JV now.

What do you figure the answer to that would be?
          I am Savvy.

Comment

Got to agree with mrblaine.They would use the use of live fire to close it.In Germany I'm told they don't (didn't?) use live fire,and when I was in the Philippines thier Gov. didn't care about the people who lived there.They were selling us Cokes as we were fireing 81mm and 106 recoiless.Then there are people like we saw last night and the scrappers.
            Dennis and Tammy
            Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

I don't know where to go with this info, but think it is something we should look into. This is the email I just received from Joe Ross with the tribal contacts who have land involved with the possible Johnson Valley land acquisition:

Below is the info you requested:

Mr. Charles Wood
              Chairperson, Chemehuevi Indian Tribe

Mr. Eldred Enas
              Chairperson, Colorado River Indian Tribes

Mr. Darrel Mike
              Chairperson, Twentynine Palms Band of Mission Indians

Mr. Robert Martin
              Chairperson, Morongo Band of Mission Indians

Ms. Nora Mcdowell-Antone
              Chairperson, Ft Mojave Indian Tribe

Mr. Henry Duro
              Chairperson, San Manuel Band of Mission Indians

Mr. Richard Milanovich
              Chairperson, Agua Caliente Band of Cahuilla Indians

For your info, the scoping summary report that we will prepare and upload to
              our project site within 6-8 weeks will include reference to the comments
              received from the Tribes that we consulted.

Best wishes,
              Joe

Joseph V. Ross
              MAGTFTC, MCAGCC G-4

Comment

Working...
              X