Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Friday fun

A small group met today for a romp around West Ord Mountain to check out a couple of old mines and to do some shooting. Roger is waiting for tomarrow to replace the broken back window on his hardtop, so he rode as my passenger. We met Scott (AVfreek) and also Dan who brought his wife Stephanie, and friends Harry and his fiancee' Amanda. All three rigs were YJ's vintages 88' - 93'. We headed thru the desert and made several stops checking out some old mines, springs, and rock cabin foundations. The weather turned out very nice considering the forecast. Cool but no rain at all. We ended up towards Hwy 247 to do some shooting in a nice canyon. Everyone seemed to have a great time and we have so much more to explore. Good folks to hang out with on a Friday!

Mitch

9:00am in Lucerne

"The three YJ's"

In the mine

Mitch, Thanks for heading up such a great day. It was good to get back out on the trail after a short (but seemed way to long) hiatus. We had a blast and it was fun exploring the mines and back canyons. Hopefully we can head out again soon and see all the ones that we missed this time. As usual you can't ask for better group of people than MJR's to go out with. Talk to you soon. Dan & Steph
    Last edited by VVjeepfreak; 01-24-09, 01:01 PM.
    An armed society is a polite society. Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

Looks like a good time Mitch! Talked to Scott yesterday he said you all had some fun.
      Best, Max7
      "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Thank's again Mitch, Roger, Dan & Steph, Harry & Amanda! I had a great time! It's always a pleasure to Wheel with you guys and I hope that we can do it again real soon!
        "I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

Comment

Working...
        X