Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: North Coyote Canyon this Sunday

Art (aw12345), a friend of his, and I are gonna run a leg or two off of northern Coyote Canyon this Sunday the 25th. There are still a couple open spots if anyone wants in. We'll meet at the Mobil Station on Hwy 371 in Anza at 11am sharp. We can fuel up, get any last-minute snacks or drinks, and head out from there. For some directions, Google Maps Anza 92539; you can also check out my trail report.

It is likely there will be no cell reception in the canyon.

You don't need a hardcore rock rig, but I recommend least one locker, 3" or more lift w/ 33s or bigger, rocker, steering gear, and differential protection. Any additional protection would be that much better. We will be traveling over the sort of rocks that are just the right size to reach out and bite your rig in the tender bits.

I will probably be wearing shorts, a t-shirt, and good boots, but will bring long pants, a hoody, and a warm jacket. It may be sunny and quite warm in the early afternoon, but it will probably be getting dark and cold before we're out of the canyon. If we're well prepared, it should be a fun run for everyone.

If you want to run, post up, and pm me with your cell#; I will give you mine. If you've got a flat on the side of the road at 10:45am, I want to know.
    holes = cowbell

if i feel well enough i'm there .....

Comment

I'm hoping you get better quick...
      holes = cowbell

Comment

Talked to Art today and I am going to make your run see you sun. Steve hope you are well enough to go
        You can make it

Comment

How many jeeps do you have and how many more are welcome? This one is close to home and looks fun, how late do you plan on staying out?

Comment

Originally posted by flatout View Post
            Talked to Art today and I am going to make your run see you sun. Steve hope you are well enough to go
            Sounds great, Fred, looking forward to it!
            holes = cowbell

Comment

I'll be out at Truckhaven on saturday, but will try to make this run Sunday if we get back at a decent hour Saturday. I'll PM you my number.

Comment

Originally posted by dadasjp View Post
                How many jeeps do you have and how many more are welcome?
                Assuming Steve/ Barney1 can make it, we have one more slot left. Other than through the forums, I'll be meeting y'all for the first time, but I'm thinking we'll have a competent, easygoing, and fun group. If that sounds like your kind of wheelin', you're more than welcome!

Originally posted by dadasjp View Post
                This one is close to home and looks fun, how late do you plan on staying out?
                I think we should shoot for 6pm and go from there; if we're all having so much fun we don't want to stop, we can go later; if earlier, that's fine too. I'm not the one with the long drive home.

We'll be getting a fairly late start. From leaving Mobil to the canyon floor will probably be 30-40 min., meaning close to noon. If possible, I'd like to run both legs: complete the eastern leg and see how far we can get in the western leg. The western leg seems to tie into a network of washes and "roads" going all directions that could take days to explore. That would be a full-on expedition. Anyway, too many vehicles would just slow us down, hence the limit.
                holes = cowbell

Comment

Originally posted by Roadking View Post
                  I'll be out at Truckhaven on saturday, but will try to make this run Sunday if we get back at a decent hour Saturday. I'll PM you my number.
                  If my last post sounds cool, you're in, but I think that should be it for Sunday. If anyone else wants to do the run, maybe we could arrange for another run next weekend or something.
                  holes = cowbell

Comment

Hi David looks like we might get there a good 15 mins early. Send you the mapquest link in a pm

Comment

Art & fred I was thinking today, the first time I did Coyote Canyon was in 1965 with the hemet jeep club on the jeep calvacade in my M38A.LOL
                      Last edited by curtis; 01-24-09, 07:10 AM.
                      IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Originally posted by curtis View Post
                        Art & fred I was thinking today, the first time I did Coyote Canyon was in 1964 with the hemet jeep club on the jeep calvacade in my M38A.LOL
                        Wow, you are an old dude! Still got the M38A?
                        holes = cowbell

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                          Hi David looks like we might get there a good 15 mins early. Send you the mapquest link in a pm
                          Got it--that's the one. I would have posted a link to that Mobil station myself, but really, you can't miss it. Earlier is definitely better than later. The worst day wheelin' is better than the best day at.... well, no, I guess that isn't really true....

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1ai=182...2g=-116.679426
                          holes = cowbell

Comment

Curtis is good people, to bad he cannot join us on Sunday

Comment

Yeah, it would have been nice to meet and wheel with you, Curtis. We'll have to make the next run on a better day for you.
                              holes = cowbell

Comment

Working...
                              X