Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Calico Run

My wife and I, along with one or two other Jeeps are heading over to Calico this Saturday morning. Anybody interested in an impromptu run?

We'll be meeting at Peggy Sue's at 9am and head over to the trail at 9:30.
    Money pit!

This sounds kinda cool, was going to try to install my lift, but that plan hasn,t come together yet! I,ll let ya know by tommorrow nite..Thanks Geeb
    "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Sorry man, I'm going to have to back out of Saturday. My clutch hose keeps blowing off the slave cylinder and I have to order it and they want $150 for 3' of line! The dealer in Irvine blows!
      Geebo, Install your lift kit and we'll plan this for closer to the end of the month. Besides, you'll want to have the front end aligned after you install the lift.
      Money pit!

Comment

Why don't you fab it yourself?
        holes = cowbell

Comment

use a ratchet strap
          Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Originally posted by Tomb Raider 940 View Post
            use a ratchet strap
            It has a specific "slip fit" connector on the end of the slave cylinder, or else I'd fab a line out of braided steel brake line and banjo type fittings.
            Money pit!

Comment

hmmm...what a PITA... maybe you could mount a different slave cylinder on there, but that would also be a PITA
              holes = cowbell

Comment

Originally posted by inVERt'D View Post
                hmmm...what a PITA... maybe you could mount a different slave cylinder on there, but that would also be a PITA
                A very accurate statement indeed! It looks like Jeep changed the connector sometime in mid to late 92 model year. The 87-92 connectors are your typical threaded ends, while 93 model year appears to have transitioned to the slip fitting. All in an effort to save money and assembly floor time............whatever.
                Money pit!

Comment

I think your setup had a pin that holds it in place and is sealed by o rings. If the line is fine you could reseal it

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                    I think your setup had a pin that holds it in place and is sealed by o rings. If the line is fine you could reseal it
                    I'll take a closer look this afternoon to see if there was some kind of a pin that holds the connector in place.
                    Money pit!

Comment

Working...
                    X