Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Heart break ridge snow run

Kinda tired right now, but we had a blast will write more and add pictures later just wanted to post this one of Fred having at it

Link to the rest of the pics

http://picasaweb.google.com/aartw123...kRidgeSnowRun#
    Last edited by aw12345; 01-11-09, 04:41 PM. Reason: add link

Art,

Glad you guys had a good time and made it home OK! But one teaser picture of Fred pounding the skinny pedal is not enough!
    Waiting for more....

Mitch

Comment

Was working on it. anyway we did not enter from 2n01 to icy to run without snow chains. ao we went up to Baldwin lake and 2no2 which is a bit icy in places but rutted so its safe to run the Jeep will follow the ruts. Once we got to 2n61Y it was all virgin snow, partially up the first part of the climb Damon had to give up, just not enough traction in the loose powdery stuff, here and there the snow was a good foot and a half deep we made it all the way through to heartbreak ridge and drove up that till the first split, where the trail forks left and right. The snow was getting over 2 feet deep after that and deeper yet down the road. So we turned around right after the fork in the trail and headed back. We had a wonderfull time great weahter lots of snow and mud and beautifull suroundings, just a day very well spend in our gorgeous outdoors. Also big thanks To Curtis and Fred for the trail blazing

Here is a link to the rest of the pics

http://picasaweb.google.com/aartw123...kRidgeSnowRun#
      Last edited by aw12345; 01-11-09, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Art,

I jumped in too soon. Looks like a kick ass fun time! From up above it didn't look that bad (good). I wondered about Damon and the tame all terrain tires (No good in the deep snow). I will give it a week or two and wiil be back with Mr Bash. Thanks for the great pictures. We got stopped rather quickly in 18" powder sections.

Mitch

Comment

Great pictures Art, Fred you should frame that first picture. We
          almost made it to the top got 2/3 of the way. The snow drifts and the low spots are the hard parts. We took to long getting to where we did. If we had used chains at the beginning we might have made it. Anyway We had a blast trying.
          IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Man Art you know how to get the good shots. Well we definitely gave the jeeps a work out today I must have 20lbs of mud stuck to it.I know what I have to do tomorrow. Well we had a ball.Damon did real good till the tires wouldn't cut it any longer.He said that was going to change.Thanks guys for a good day
            Last edited by flatout; 01-10-09, 09:53 PM.
            You can make it

Comment

Awesome!!!

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
                Art,

I jumped in too soon. Looks like a kick ass fun time! From up above it didn't look that bad (good). I wondered about Damon and the tame all terrain tires (No good in the deep snow). I will give it a week or two and wiil be back with Mr Bash. Thanks for the great pictures. We got stopped rather quickly in 18" powder sections.

Mitch
                Yeah we need to go back and conquer those black diamonf trails along 3N03. I'll be calling you as soon as I see all the white in the Bernardino Mountains GONE. We'll post it up and get it going. Anyone ever ran those before? I don;t think they will be difficult at all because the motorcycle and ATV rating was BLUE SQUARE rated.

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

Comment

Hey guys, nice to meet all of you and thanks for the invite. Even though I couldn't get enough traction to get up the first icy climb, I still had a blast. I'm still pulling the seat out of my rear from the drive back down 2N02. Some of those icy patches were wicked. I'm a snow/ice rookie, but i'll be back with some aggressive tires next time. Thanks again.

You guys rock!

--Damon
                  My Jeep cost's me more than my wife...

Comment

Comment

Nice pics Damon, will have to take you out to Cleghorn, is a nice place to hone 4x4 skills

Comment

Nice shots of the trail,I got to get out soon.
                        Dennis and Tammy
                        Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                          Nice pics Damon, will have to take you out to Cleghorn, is a nice place to hone 4x4 skills
                          Sounds good to me. Let me know when you guys are going.

Comment

Very cool, looks like a fun run..Thanks for the pic,s..Geeb
                            "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Would you or anyone know how bad 2N02 is all the way to Rattlesnake Canyon?

Comment

Working...
                              X