Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Guys,
    I'm new to all of this and always looking for good trails.Where is Rattlesnake canyon located? and how difficult is the trail rated? I've been to some of the local trails and now I'm hooked !!!
    http://www.909webmaster.com/jeep.htm
    Here are some of the recent ones we've done.
    I appreciate any info

Comment

Wow, what a great day of Jeepin! Lesa and I had a blast, Mitch your a great trail boss and we enjoyed the little expeditions you took us on. Hope to do it again real soon!
      Shant, thanks for the BBQ!!!! Your the man! Thank's to all, for a great day!

I'll get my pic's up soon.....
      Scott
      "I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

Comment

Curt,

Checking out your pictures it looks like you are getting around the area trails often. Rattlesnake Canyon is about 20 miles east of Lucerne and heads south from Hwy 247 approx 17 miles uphill to 2N02 (Burns Canyon Road). In general it is a scenic trail up the stream bed with a couple of small rock challenges. Most books rate it as moderate. It is a perfect trip for the family and a picnic lunch.

GPS for traihead is:
        34 22 12.04n 116 39 02.41w 3115'

1.2 miles east of Lafon Road (Sign on Hwy247)
        Turn off is 200 yards before (east of) the white house

Mitch

Comment

Transfer Case Noise

I have the Rock-TracTM; NV241OR transfer case. It has just recently started making a noise like cards in bycicle spokes, coming from the output shaft area. I think it is possibly the output shaft bearing. Any ideas? and does anybody know if you can change this bearing or even get it out to look at it without pulling the transfer case out of the jeep? Thank for the help.

Comment

Matthew,

You might want to post this question under the "Short Wheelbase" and SWB Driveline area. This is a trail report post and you will get better replies at the other area. I can remember sticking cards in the wheels of my Schwinn Stingray. Probly was a better sound than your T-case.

Welcome to MJR

Mitch

Comment

Mitch

Thanks for all the info.... I'll have to go out there soon, it looks like alot of fun for a day trip.

Curt

Comment

Great pics.Thanks again to you and Roger for the invite,wish I could of made it.I think my CJ7 might have made it cept maybe the snow,need to get some tires and wheels for that,only have tires that came with(235 LT)but when CJ5 is fixed it will keep up.Found RSC trail in my book so I'll be looken to try it ASAP.
                Dennis and Tammy
                Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

Originally posted by GP4Play View Post
                  Great pics.Thanks again to you and Roger for the invite,wish I could of made it.I think my CJ7 might have made it cept maybe the snow,need to get some tires and wheels for that,only have tires that came with(235 LT)but when CJ5 is fixed it will keep up.Found RSC trail in my book so I'll be looken to try it ASAP.
                  Dennis,

I used to run Rattlesnake Cyn in a 4x4 nissan Pick-up w/ 235's. I never had any problems. In fact every where Mitch & I go your Cj will do just fine. We mostly explore, well except for Mitch (Great88) tries to break an axle on the Hairy Crack Trail now and then.
                  SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                  MJR moderator
                  MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                  Jeep Patrol Leader
                  Reforestation Supervisor
                  Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                  Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
                    Dennis,

I used to run Rattlesnake Cyn in a 4x4 nissan Pick-up w/ 235's. I never had any problems. In fact every where Mitch & I go your Cj will do just fine. We mostly explore, well except for Mitch (Great88) tries to break an axle on the Hairy Crack Trail now and then.
                    I think sometimes I'm a little to temid,Old age and being so long since I did any real offroad'n.That and I don't want to be "That Guy" hold'n everyone back.
                    Dennis and Tammy

Comment

Originally posted by GP4Play View Post
                      I think sometimes I'm a little to temid,Old age and being so long since I did any real offroad'n.That and I don't want to be "That Guy" hold'n everyone back.
                      Knock off the whining! I'm older than you!
                      SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                      MJR moderator
                      MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                      Jeep Patrol Leader
                      Reforestation Supervisor
                      Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                      Eagle Scout

Comment

Dennis,

When you are ready we can do an easy pace trip up Rattlesnake Canyon if you want to check it out. There is a couple of short rocky sections that with the right line you will cruise right through. Worst case we use the strap a little (I remember we did that last trip on an old CJ!). Just let us know ahead of time when you are ready.

Mitch

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
                          Knock off the whining! I'm older than you!
                          Roger
                          Ok,I have just been smacked in the back of my head.Sorry about the whining and stupid excuses.As a wise man once told me"Excuses are like A-Holes,everyone has one but know one wants to see it"Don't know what to say but,Thanks!
                          Dennis
                          Dennis and Tammy

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
                            Dennis,

When you are ready we can do an easy pace trip up Rattlesnake Canyon if you want to check it out. There is a couple of short rocky sections that with the right line you will cruise right through. Worst case we use the strap a little (I remember we did that last trip on an old CJ!). Just let us know ahead of time when you are ready.

Mitch
                            Mitch
                            Thanks,and I'll take you up on that soon .Santa just got paid off the CJ7 is running good again.The CJ5 is just a small part away (and smog)so I'll get my butt in gear and give yell.
                            Dennis
                            Dennis and Tammy

Comment

Working...
                            X