Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Organized Event: Hairy Crack Trail & Dinner

Thanks to all that came out to run the Hairy Crack Trail, and eat some ribs afterwards!
    Mitch sorry I broke your Jeep...lol, it did not sound good when that axle snapped! Now we got to come up with a name for that water fall! Like "Gr8 Falls". I'd like it if you would donate your broken axle to the location! Scott, you are truly a maniac! Gene, I think you like being twisted, got some good shots of you and your rig! Roger and Leanne you were fantastic co-pilots we really enjoyed your company! Besides the axle, I got side wall puncture. Time to buy another MTR!

Thanks to everyone that came to the BBQ too, all the apps, side dishes and deserts were truly awesome!
    It was really great to have such nice company around the fire. Rick you are a nut with an axe! Thanks for helping Niki and I start the New Year off right! Pics and Vids to come...
    Best, Max7
    Last edited by Max7; 01-02-09, 05:49 PM.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

man I am getting messed up missing these runs! I should have my part for the jeep and be driving again soon... now I just need to get me some tyme!
    :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Max & Nicole,

Thank you for an awesome trail run and BBQ. Max could not have picked a better day, not a cloud in the sky and comfy in the sunshine. It was hard to belive that it was in the 20's just 2 weeks ago.

Scott, Gene, Max, and myself provided the Jeeps for the run with Roger and his wife Leann as passengers. I made it 15 minutes into the run and got hung up on a small waterfall section and hit the locker and some gas and BANG! We thought maybe the small Dana 35 ring and pinion blew, but I later found out is was the driver side 30 spline Chomolly axle. Gene hooked up the winch and I got turned around and likped off the trail as max assisted the trip back to his house with a strap attached. We went right back to the trail to catch up with Scott and Gene. Scott did a great job considering his YJ is open diff and 4 cyl. Gene made it look rather easy with his well built rig. After the rocks got bigger and bigger we found a place to turn around and head back. Max lit the fires, one for a grill and one a fire pit and started his grilling thing. I think 20+ people showed up and it was a perfect night.

This was the first time that I couldn't drive home under my own power! And of course I blamed Max for breaking my Jeep (Haaa, thats our inside joke).

Thanks again Max!

Mitch

Scott

There it sits! BANG goes the axle.

Gene winching me off the trail

Gene back on the trail

Max checking out the situation

The gathering

The grill master!!!!

A tear in my eye this morning!

The carnage / There are linear cracks 14" down the shaft!

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post

Mitch,
        Is this going to be your new avatar?
        That trail sure does a lot of damage.
        Check out .

Comment

Those darn d35's, glad to hear you still had fun!
          WILL WORK FOR JEEP PARTS!!!

Comment

Darn missed a whole lotta fun, but got to keep wifey happy also. Awesome pics and You mister Mitch you are just turning into an axle snapping wild man

Comment

holy cow I got the dates mixed up.

Looks like you guys had fun breaking stuff.
              Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

The driver rear Superior 30 spline Chromolly axle has taken a pounding for 1 1/2 years. Luckly the passenger side axle is fine, the OX locker is fine, and the ring and pinion are fine. So next week we'll have an axle from 4 Wheel Parts (I can buy just one side) for $250 + tax, the Dana 35 is cleaned out and just needs a jack and slide out the old and in with the new.

Mitch

Comment

Some Pics...

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Very cool pic,s not so good news though.. looks like ya,ll had fun..Thanks for the report and pictures...
                    "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Chuck,

I changed it just for you. When I swap the broken axle I'll plant it next to the obstacle and name that spot. Haaa.....Maybe something like "Junior Snapper"? If it would have been on the big waterfall it could have been real interesting.

Mitch

Now for some videos

Max

Max / Gene

Gene

Max
                      Last edited by Mitch; 01-02-09, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Great vids Mitch. I wish I could have made it.
                        Check out .

Comment

man max im sorry i didnt make it i was under the jeep all day and the rear end is still tore out of it i hoped to be done buy now
                          [COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Comment

Vids...

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
                              The driver rear Superior 30 spline Chromolly axle has taken a pounding for 1 1/2 years. Luckly the passenger side axle is fine, the OX locker is fine, and the ring and pinion are fine. So next week we'll have an axle from 4 Wheel Parts (I can buy just one side) for $250 + tax, the Dana 35 is cleaned out and just needs a jack and slide out the old and in with the new.

Mitch
                              250 for one side is kinda expensive isn't it.
                              Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Working...
                              X