Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Discussion: big bear

i was thinking about spending the night in big bear with the family for new years , is there still lots of snow and any nice rooms to recommend with jacuzzi's ........steve

the wife and i decided to take our little girl to big bear today to check out the snow , it really wasnt that bad going up the 38 side the snow has melted alot but most trail heads were closed so we just hung out in town for a few hours then not thinking about all the travelers heading home after a day playing in the snow we decided to head down the 18 to 330 thinking it was early enough before the others decidded to head home ..... what a mistake complete bumper to bumper from big bear lake all the way to the 210 freeway , 3 hours and 40 miuntes just to get down the mountain , its safe to say this will be my last trip to big bear on a holiday when there's snow to be found !!!

Comment

That sucks! There's nothing worse than traffic on the Mountain roads.
      WILL WORK FOR JEEP PARTS!!!

Comment

I remember how bad it was when I lived up there on those busy weekends. It's amazing the difference between 38/330 for traffic. That is one frustrating drive on 330 crawing down the mountain.
        98 TJ 4x4, Auto, Hardtop, 3" ZJ lift, 32x11.5 BFG ATs, Pro Comp 15x8 series 97 wheels.

Comment

You would have been better off to go the back way down Hwy 18 through Lucerne Valley!
          SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
          MJR moderator
          MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
          Jeep Patrol Leader
          Reforestation Supervisor
          Licensed Ham - n6ujm
          Eagle Scout

Comment

Working...
          X