Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Organized Event: 14th Annual Truckhaven Challenge

See the link attached for all of the info...

http://www.corva.org/events/images/2...14%20Flyer.PDF
    From A Champ To A Chump In Just One Bump!

I plan to be there.
    Rich

Comment

I'm planning on this outing also. Probably gonna camp, unless the wife goes, then it'll be motel in Indio!

Comment

My wife and I are planning on attending this event. It'll be the first time to a CORVA event, so I'm hoping that it is similar to a Cal4Wheel event.
        Money pit!

Comment

I'm also on planning to attend this event again. And it's pretty similar to the Cal4 events. This one also has the poker run which every few miles you come to the game area and play your hand; alot of fun!
          The up side to these events is that they help raise funds to keep public trails open that you and I and everyone else wheels on.

Comment

This sounds like a good time, anyone have pics from past CORVA events at Truckhaven?
            98 TJ 4x4, Auto, Hardtop, 3" ZJ lift, 32x11.5 BFG ATs, Pro Comp 15x8 series 97 wheels.

Comment

Is there anywhere nearby to legally do some shooting?
              98 TJ 4x4, Auto, Hardtop, 3" ZJ lift, 32x11.5 BFG ATs, Pro Comp 15x8 series 97 wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by skygod73 View Post
                This sounds like a good time, anyone have pics from past CORVA events at Truckhaven?
                Heres a few pics that I took with the small group I was with:
                http://www.kodakgallery.com/ViewSlid....1230051630251

Actually its alot more than what you see in the pics. Lot of fun out there; for sure you will flex your rig on those trails!

Comment

Originally posted by skygod73 View Post
                  Is there anywhere nearby to legally do some shooting?
                  Definitley no shooting anywhere of the event limits. But within the whole area, not sure. Maybe someone can chime in that might have some info on this subject, concerning; shooting in Truckhaven,Octillo Wells area.

Comment

I will be there. This time I am going to leave my wind machine at home.

Comment

shotgun only i think, lots of people out there.

Comment

Originally posted by hondatom View Post
                        I will be there. This time I am going to leave my wind machine at home.
                        Cool Tom, maybe I'll see you then. Had the wife help me look for your red truck and toy hauler this past event at JV. So...many of them!

Comment

I'm planning on going. See ya' there!
                          I'll be in this:

Comment

Kinda in my back yard...I'll be going out Saturday morning.

I'll be in this:

Comment

Another Beautiful Day in Truckhaven wheeling

Have to say it was an interesting day, I felt that there could have been a few more difficult runs added. Time wise it worked out to
                              5 1/2 hrs and half a tank of gas to do the 20 miles.

Attendence approx: 150 jeep, 25 Side x Sides, bunch of ATVs and Motorcycles +/-
                              Lots of familys with kids.

The Truckhaven Challenge is held in late January each year just west of Salton City, California. The terrain is primarily decomposing, dry mud hills with some sand washes and rocky sections thrown in for good measure. The area is laced with trails ranging from tight and twisty to steep and hairy. In other words, great off-roading!

It is in this ever-changing terrain that we mark an approximately 20 mile course (changing it each year) for the Saturday Poker Run. There will be several checkpoints. At each checkpoint you will draw a card to assemble a poker hand, and also participate in a “game of skill”. The top three winners of both the poker hands and game scores will all win great prizes! There will also be marked “Alternate” routes which will be much more difficult than the main route. These are for those folks really keen on abusing their vehicles! After the run we will have a BBQ dinner prepared by the Trailmasters Four Wheel Drive Club, and a drawing for great prizes donated by the off road industry!

My lonely campsite. Got there late Friday nite and couldn't find anyone I knew.

Safety check and starting line.

Only got a half mile in to the first "Hard Spot" and found this guy broken. Got to use my new winch and drag him out.

Comment

Working...
                              X