Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Last Minute Devil's Hole Run

I had a call from Mr Bash this morning asking if I wanted to go to Devils Hole for a quick run. Knowing that I went Jeeping yesterday and had Jeeping plans on both Friday (Kane Springs) and Saturday Bullfrog) Shant didn't want me to just be sitting around the house. We met at Hwy173 off Hwy 138 in Hesperia and took the dirt road up to the Pinnicles Staging Area. Next we took 3N34X to 3N34 to 3N34D to Devils Hole. We hung out for awhile and then headed back. The weather turned out great. I'm sure it will be cold over night but is was perfect in a long sleeve T-shirt (Is this really December?). On the way back to the Pinnicles area Mr Bash provided some entertainment in a deep rut. First Shant said "I'm planning to get stuck", which he did for awhile. Then he demonstrated his new nickname "feather foot". With a feather light touch on the gas combined with foot to the floor pedal action he got stuck even better. Just as my strap was getting ready Shant found some traction and out he came. Shant headed towards 3N33 Pilot Rock to go home, with me heading back to Hesperia via dirt road on a cliff Hwy 173.

Thanks Shant for an awesome day - You'll love the video, too funny!

Now tonight was the Marine Corp Scoping Meeting, and then a quick nap and head out tomarrow to Lucerne with Roger. I'm addicted.

Mitch

Deep Creek

Devils Hole

Leaving Devils Hole

Great88 goes swimming!

Now the Mr Bash show!! "I'm planning on getting stuck"

And then the tire stuffing contest

Great88
    Last edited by Mitch; 12-04-08, 08:51 PM.

Mr Bash,

I can't seem to get the 5 minute video to post to Photo Bucket. I'm working on it. I can't believe that the "Video Master" was there without a camera.

Mitch

Comment

hey Mitch,

Great day today thanks for coming. I took Pilot Rock down to Lake Silverwood. On my way I spotted 8 Quails running in the middle of the road. I did not have my shotgun but I had my XD with the sname shots so I loaded up and ran after them. The little lucky bastards ran into thock brush and I lost them.

Awesome day. Devil's hole is cleaner than ever and that rut had it coming! I hope you can get that video up I really want to see it.

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

Comment

Very nice pics and video, looks like you guys had fun ......cool!

Comment

Hey Guy's, Looks like you all had fun! That has got to be one of my favorite runs! I love Devils Hole and the ruts are so much fun to play in! Looks like there was quite a bit of water running thru Willow Creek! Your Jeep looks like a motor boat Mitch! (Nice Wake!!) Give me a holler next time you go, I'd love to tag along! Scott
          "I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

Comment

If you guys post these trips some additional "victims of the economy" like myself can join in. That looks like a fun trail.
            98 TJ 4x4, Auto, Hardtop, 3" ZJ lift, 32x11.5 BFG ATs, Pro Comp 15x8 series 97 wheels.

Comment

Working...
            X