Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Exploring in Kane Springs area

Mitch & I will be taking a Friday run exploring the area North of Goat Mtn. pass, east of Hwy 247. There's a few mines and Kane Springs we are going to check out.

We plan on finishing up the day doing a little shooting at the secret range everyone knows about. My Mini-14 thinks I ran away from home so I need to take her out and let her know I still lover her.

This will be an easy leisurely run. If you have the time off, you are welcome to join us. We probably won't be leaving until 9:00 or 9:30.

Let me know.
    SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
    MJR moderator
    MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
    Jeep Patrol Leader
    Reforestation Supervisor
    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
    Eagle Scout

Roger,

I was able to change my dinner meeting plans for Thursday night so I'll meet you at Richies and then go to the 29 Palms meeting in Victorville. Back on thread... This will keep me in town so the Friday morning run will work out perfect. I have GPS #'s for Kane Springs, Azucar Mine, and several other mines near Kane Springs and Troy Road. I might try to hike up the canyon off Troy Road to check out the main mine tunnel for "Camp Skee" (really 5188 on the topo). Don't tell Flatpoint Dave cause he's fallen way behind on the trips while he was babying his Rubicon for his East Coast adventure!

This should be a lot of fun just poking around the area. And I've got some extra ammo to blow off at the shooting place. And before anybody panics, IT IS ON PRIVATE PROPERTY!!!

Mitch

Comment

I saw flat point at work today, I think he's ready to start wheeling again.

If that's the tunnel on top of the ridge, I'd like to hike up there also.
      SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
      MJR moderator
      MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
      Jeep Patrol Leader
      Reforestation Supervisor
      Licensed Ham - n6ujm
      Eagle Scout

Comment

Roger,

The main tunnel is on the opposite side of the hill from where the rock cabin is. You take Troy road another 1/8 of a mile north and hike east up the canyon. Google Earth shows 1/3 mile and a 300' elevation gain. The main tunnel is said to go in several hundred feet! We will see on Friday.

Mitch

Comment

Working...
        X