Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great pics!! Been out of touch with you guys, wish I would've been there. Work, kids, blah, blah, blah. So whats the story with these rocks? They move on there own?
    “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
    -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by paulhead View Post
      Great pics!! Been out of touch with you guys, wish I would've been there. Work, kids, blah, blah, blah. So whats the story with these rocks? They move on there own?
      Oh Yeah! They move. The theory is good but the scientists still haven't seen the rocks in action. The trails are probably very slow to form. I couldn't tell a difference from the rocks positions and their trails from last April. But then again, it takes the rainy season to cause the rocks to move.

I'm planning to try to get back out to the Racetrack in early spring to see if there is a difference.
      [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
      Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
      [/COLOR]

Comment

Wow Paul,

It has been a long time! The theory is that during stormy times the dry lake bed gets slick and slimey with rain and combined with high winds the rocks actually move (blow) around the lake. They leave some cool tracks after it dries up each season. I hope to see this in person sometime.

Mitch

Comment

Mike, are you sure it didn't move? I think this is the same rock from last April. Looks like it moved a little to the left.
          Check out .

Comment

Working...
          X